Chapter 1

HERMIONE

  Hermione Granger sighed, rubbing the pencil in between her fingers.

  Never had she been so stumped in life. Not on her studies, of course, but on boys. A species that she thought she would never fully understand.

  She glanced over at Ron Weasley, two tables away, with his arm slung over the dreadful Lavender Brown's shoulder. He laughed at something that must of been extremely hilarious, because he slammed the hand that was not on Brown, hard on the table.

  Hermione forced herself to look away, knowing that watching the two would cause her more tears to drown in.

  She flipped to the next page, trying to concentrate. Working usually came easily to her, but this time it felt like a chore. She stood up and closed the book cover.

  Harry and Ginny walked into the Great Hall, clearly not noticing Hermione. Hermione tucked her books into her bag and pushed in the chair. She was about to head into her dorm room, when a soft hand clutched her robe tightly.

  " Going somewhere, 'Mione?" a small voice asked. Hermione turned around, facing the red-headed Weasley.

  " Back to the dorms," Hermione told Ginny, shrugging.

  " I'm studying for the Potions exam next week." Which was a lie.

  Ginny rolled her hazel eyes up to the ceiling. " You should really stop all this work, have some fun!"

  Hermione blushed. She never told anyone, but she hated when people judged her studying, it was offending, even from her friends. It was like they were judging her.

  The thought of telling Ginny about how she didn't want to face Ron and Lavender crossed her mind, but she ignored the thought. Ginny wouldn't understand.

  Guilt built up inside of her when she thought this; Ginny was her friend, she could trust her.

  So she did.

  She told her about her seven year crush on Ron, and how she was secretly jealous of Lavender, and how she didn't want to face them with the embarrassment of Ron knowing that she liked him.

  When she finished, Hermione buried her burning face into her palms. Ginny rubbed her hand in circles on Hermione's back. Although Hermione didn't want comfort, she gladly accepted it anyway.

  Hermione wasn't crying. There had never been a situation so terrifying or heartbreaking that Hermione had ever felt the need to cry. She was strong, and intended to stay that way.

  " I have an idea!" Ginny suddenly shouted alarmingly. Hermione brought her face out of her hands.

  " Yes?"

  " Let's give you a makeover, so that Ron will be jealous," Ginny suggested, and Hermione immediately shook her head no.

  " Absolutely not!" Hermione said, even though she really wanted to try it.

  " Please? You'll thank me later!"

  Hermione sighed heavily. " Fine."

****
DRACO

  Draco Malfoy sunk deeper into his chair as three girls from another table stared at him continuously, making him feel dreadfully uncomfortable.

  " Come on, man!" Blaise Zabini was telling him. " Just accept the fact that you're hot, and girls will be attracted to you!"

  Draco could tell that he was slightly jealous.

  He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted when the entire cafeteria turned silent.

  Heads turned towards the door, including his own. Draco stared wide eyed at the girl.

  Then she got closer.

  It was Miss Hermione Granger.

  Her hair was pinned halfway up, the rest of it tumbling down in natural looking waves. She had faint lipstick on, and a light eyeshadow color. She wore a blue silky dress, that fit her curves elegantly. She wore a small smile on her lips, and her cheeks were slightly flushed. She didn't seem to be looking anywhere in particular.

  Beautiful. Lovely. Extravagant. Gorgeous. Was all Draco Malfoy's heart was telling him as it beat rapidly in his chest.

  Hermione Granger. Nerd. Teacher's pet. Geek. Miss Perfect. Muggle.

  Hermione Granger. Elegant. Mysterious. Enchanting. Amazing. Stunning.

  Draco found it rude of himself to all of sudden change his judgement of someone based on their appearance, but he decided to let it slide.

  He stood up, feeling warm and suffocated, and decided to go to the bathroom.

  Something fell on top of him. Or someone. He breathed in the scent of apples and peppermint.

  " Oh, I'm so sorry-" her voice began to chirp, but she stopped short when she realized that it was Draco Malfoy.

  Of course she did.

  Then Draco remembered that he was supposed to hate her.

  " Malfoy."

  " Granger."

  She stood up, dusting her dress off, like there was something on it. To Draco's surprise, she held out a petite hand.

  Draco was tempted to accept it, but being the snotty Slytherin he was, he stood up himself and flashed a familiar smirk.

  " I knew you would fall for me one day," He said.

  She arched an eyebrow.

  " In your dreams," she shot back angrily. Granger stomped off to another table, Ginny trailing behind her. He blinked a few times, slightly intimidated and intrigued by her newfound bravery and amount of sass and spunk.

  Draco ran a thin hand through his platinum hair.

  " Yeah," he muttered to himself. " Only in my dreams."

****