CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna leave." She announces in a small voice, all her determination to sound strong and confident going down the drain. "I didn't take anything from the room except the phone. You can check for yourself. "

She has an urge to add, that's not too much for a gold digger, huh? But instead she remains silent, deciding that there's no use of saying anything else. He had already made it very clear that he doesn't need her talking.

Laura waits for him to say something, anything. Harsh or gentle. She just wants to hear his beautiful voice one last time before she leaves his life for good.

Harry remains unmoving and silent though and she takes it as her queue to leave. With a sigh she starts making her way towards the front door. The small tears escape her eyes, betraying her.

"Wait." Laura feels a jolt of electricity pass through her body as soon as Harry utters the simple word. She stops in her tracks but doesn't find the strength to turn around and face him again without breaking down completely.

The sound of footsteps causes her to hold her breath and close her eye temporarily, to collect herself. She feels the hope bubbling up inside of her and feels like slapping herself for thinking that there's still a chance for them to somehow end up together.

"Take this." Harry says and she slowly brings her eyes up from the ground and towards his outstretched hand, holding a big amount of dollar bills.

She feels confused, why would he give her money if he doesn't care? With a frown etched on her features Laura looks up at Harry's face and finds his jaw clenched. The livid look in his eyes causes her to flinch back a bit. It seems like Laura's has taken away something very precious from him when all she had tried to do was mend him and make him strong enough emotionally to face the fucked up reality.

"I don't need your money." She tell him quietly, trying to smile but failing miserably. "If anything, give me a chance to explain."

Harry shakes his head at that and looks away from her, inhaling sharply and stepping out of her way.

"I don't need anymore fucked up stories. The ones I know are enough to eat me alive." He says with a shrug like it's no big deal but the way his voice wavers makes it obvious that he's trying to hide his emotions, putting up a hard facade.

Laura's aware of what will happen as soon as she'll leave the house though. Harry will drink until passing out, the only way known by him to tackle his problems.

There's an awkward silence between the two of them with Harry glaring at the floor and her staring right at him, as if trying to read his mind. To know what kind of havoc it is at the moment.

"Let me help you. Let me make everything better." She pleads quitely, letting the tears fall freely for once.

Laura gets onto her kness infront if him and wraps her arms around his legs, hugging them tightly.

"Give me a chance to explain." She says, her voice breaking as she cries, tightening her hold even more when he tries to get away from her grasp.

"Fucking let go." Harry barks at her, trying to shove her off himself and that's what makes her cry harder, the fact that her being on the knees, begging for another chance is not enough to melt Harry's heart.

With one particular hard shove, Harry's able to push her away and he's quick to put a little distance between their bodies.

"I don't your help. I don't need anyone. I'm so fucking done with this shit." He shouts at her and rougly grabs onto her upper arm, tugging at it harshly and causing her to stand up.

"Harry, stop." She gasps, trying to get her head around everything that's happening so quickly but as expected her request is ignored.

He starts taking long steps until he reaches the front door, throwing it open, he pushes Laura out of the house, not caring about the scream that leaves her lips when she falls down from being handled so roughly.

"Don't ever come back!" These are the last words Harry says to her as he stands there on the door, clutching the handle tightly, watching her struggle a bit to stand up, he body itches to move forward and help her stand onto her feet but he restrains himself from doing that.

"Whatever fucked up story you have, keep it to yourself. I don't need to hear it." Harry says further, not because he wants her to get it through her head but because he just wants to look at her beautiful face for a little longer and he hopes that the image will last forever in his mind.

Laura feels a sting in her left knee as she slowly rises from the ground but she's too busy looking at Harry to notice her own injury and the very last thing she sees before the door is slammed shut is the unshed tears in Harry's eyes.

___________________________________________