Chapter 93

The table was covered with platters of food, plates, and half-full cups, noise filled the kitchen, living room, and dining room as people carried on their own conversations. Sandi had a full house including an extra few members of the OVO crew and a few girlfriend's and children that dropped by after spending time with their own family.

Drakes wrapped his arms around Tae's shoulders as she sat in front of him on a high bar stool. He looked down playing with the rolled-up sleeve of Tae's sweatshirt, rubbing the fabric between his thumb and index finger

"I appreciate what you did earlier today, it was sweet." He whispered in her ear then kissed the side of her cheek.

"Thank you." Tae paused and leaned her head back onto Drake's wide shoulder. "It felt good... To make someone's day like that, you know?." Tae sat up and faced him causing Drake to remover his arms from around her. "I mean you should of seen her face she was so happy to be there, then it was like.... Like her world crumbled, she was going to cry when I told her you weren't going to be there....." Tae paused and looked down at her manicured nails, then looked back up at him." How do you deal with that?.... Like people loving you so much that you can make or break their day?!"

Drake stood up straight then walked to the counter and leaned against it next to her. He paused and took a sip of his drink. "I just wanted to make great music, and it just so happens that people fell in love with my work. He continued looking straight ahead at his mother who had a conversation with her brother and nephew. "I understand that it's people out there that I'm everything to. Their world is Drake! I know that. I just try to make sure I'm true to myself and try to give the same amount of love I get, back to them."

"Is that why you're so open in your music." Tae tilted her head to the side and chewed on the inside of her cheek looking at him.

He took a deep breath, then let it out. "It's not just people listening to my music, I'm so open because I want fans.... Not even just fans, but people, I want them to know I go through shit, I go through the same shit they do." Drake leaned into every word, his Toronto accent coming out stronger then Tae had ever heard. "I'm not some machine that just cranks out pointless product. I want people to know I put everything into my music, that's why I take so long on things, because I want it to be genuine. I know it's people that looooove me, love my music, but I also know it's people that hate me, hate my music, they can't stand it. They don't even know me, but they hate me, they want me to fail. I'm very in tune, I link everything." Drake took another sip of his drink, he licked his lips and continued. "But one thing that people will never be able to take away from me, is that I'm honest, I'm real, I live in my truth. And that's something that NOBODY can fuck me over on, especially in this industry it's dirty, it's shady, it's dark, people aren't who they say they are to you, fans say they are your fans but secretly diss you, so I refuse to live in shadows, I put everything on the table for people to hear. That's why I'm so open."

Tae sat in a silent trance listening to his speech, she chewed on her bottom lip looking at him admiring him as if he was made of gold, it was another moment for Tae, a moment that solidified why she was so in awe of this man.

It was déjà vu as Sandi clung to her son, but this time instead of welcoming him home she was seeing him off, Thanksgiving dinner was nothing short of what she wanted, a warm house full of friends and family enjoying the day, just having Drake home was enough for her to be happy with.

"I'll be back in a month, can't stay away too long." He said then kissed her forehead.

"Good. Be safe and make sure to call me so I know you're ok Aubrey." Sandi frowned as she looked up at her son, knowing that he would forget.

Sandi looked past Drake to Tae and gave her an unsatisfied look.

"I'll call you." Tae said giving Sandi a smile and a head nod, she also knowing he would forget.

Drake pulled his arms from around his mother and turned around to Tae. "I won't forget." He said walking down the steps.

"You always forget."

"I don't forget, it's because I fall asleep."

"No, it's because you forget! .... You don't even sleep.... I should tell her you don't sleep!"

"Now why would you tell her that!?"

"Hush and get in the car!"

"You wanna stay here!? Cuz I'll leave your ass here, since y'all two are bff now and y'all wanna link up against me." Sandi smiled as she watched them both go back and forth. Tae rolled her eyes as she climbed into the large SUV, Drake following behind her still talking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tae tossed her phones not the bed after hanging up with Sandi. She collapsed face down on the large bed, Drake walked out the bathroom shirtless but still in his sweats and collapsed next to her, she relaxed her body and sank further down into the mattress. It felt good to be back in California, but being back in Cali meant back to work, Drake working on the album and Tae back to modeling and styling.

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him, and shoved his face into the crook of her neck.

"I'm tired." He said squeezing her tighter trying to get as close as he possibly could to her.

"Don't get too comfortable, I have to get in the shower."

Drakes's head shot up with a planted smile. "Me too!"

"Oh, no no, you said you was tired." She said back mocking him.

Drake removed his arms from around her, and sat up, pushing himself off the bed. "Nah, I'm up, let's go." He said grabbing her hand and pulling her up and off the bed.

"I was just kidding!" Tae whined as Drake continued pulling her to her feet.

"Nope, too late, my dick is already hard." Drake bent at the waist and tossed Tae over his shoulder and began walking to the bathroom.

"You're SUCH a perv!"