Prologue

~Mark's P.O.V~

I was with my mom as we went into the pet store. I honestly didn't want to be here as you could probably tell by the look on my face.

"Ok sweetie, you can choose a pet-" "As long as it isn't over 800 dollars. Got it..." She sent me a glare as I walked around the pet store. Looking at all the different pets as I walked around.

There were; dogs, birds, cats, fish, mice, and snakes.

One of them caught my eye though. I crouched down in front of the cage. Looking at a boy with pale skin, green cat ears and a green cat tail. I looked down at the tag that was on the cage, and it read 'Neko' I turned to my mom with a pleading look.

"How much for him?" I asked, pointing to the little Neko. The cashier smiled at me. "Oh, your interested in our new pet?" she pulled out some papers from under the desk. "He came from an abusive home." "How much for him?" I asked again a little impatiently. "Well he will cost.... 500 dollars." I sighed with relief as she spoke. My mom paid her as the woman took the little Neko out of its cage, and handing him to me.

~Time Skip~

As we made it home I was greeted by my dad. He saw the the little Neko I had in my arms and gave me a questioning look. My mom explained what he was as I walked up the stairs to my room with him.

I set the Neko on my bed petting him, he purred at the action. I looked at him some more, he had brown hair that was dyed neon green at the top, he had electric ice blue eyes, and wore a blue sweater with some black skinny jeans.

"I wonder what I should call you..." I thought for a moment until I smiled at him. "How about...... Jack?" He nodded. As Jack licked my hand I smiled at his cuteness.

"Sweetie, your dad and I are leaving we're going to go to a friends house. We'll be back in a few hours." "Ok be careful!" They soon left and I was sitting on my bed thinking, until I felt something on my lap. I looked down seeing Jack was laying on my lap. I smiled at him as I scratched behind his cat ear.

~Jack's P.O.V~

I loved this feeling of someone who is being gentle, instead of being mean and rough with me. I let out a small mew as the boy petted me behind my cat ears.

I tilted my head back purring as I licked his hand. I did act like a cat most of the time but sometimes I acted like a human.

He picked me up hugging me. I nuzzled into his chest.

Maybe this won't be so bad...