Glorious Snow (1)

Winter time has got to be one of my favourite seasons; well if it snows that is. Usually in the winter where i live, it barely EVER snows. Lucky for me and thousands of other people it has indeed snowed this year. I' m not talking about a dusting of snow or even a inch, which i'm used to, but a whole foot and a half of snow! Such glory!

All these years my town has been waiting for a big snowfall like this and boy, its amazing! I cant even describe how wonderful it is! Everything is just just so beautiful and fresh looking. It's like my whole neighborhood transformed into a new one! And the best part is; you can lie down and play in the snow anytime. It's endless hours of fun! If only it could be like this every year.

I'm hoping this snow will last till Christmas, which is in one week. Its crazy! Speaking of Christmas, my school has decided to celebrate the coming holidays today at school.  I can't wait to start celebrating with everyone. It's great getting into the holiday spirit.

Right now i'm walking there now on a blissful Friday morning. I volunteered to help set up so i have to come a bit earlier than it starts, but i don't mind. Helping set up can be fun, although none of my friends volunteered but i'll be too busy to talk to them anyway.

 I can finally see my school come into view as I walk. Its powdered in pure white snow-beautiful. It doesn't take long for me to walk to school and this walk today is especially nice, considering all of the crunchy snow to walk on.

As I pass the patch of trees that is in our school ground on the field, i feel like i see something move in the snow. It turns out to be a cute little robin hopping out from behind the tree. It must be hungry. There's probably not much to eat in the winter. I make a mental note to place a bird feeder on my tree back at home. I bet those birds could use a good bird feeder to eat from.

I stop at the entrance of the school, well one of them. The side entrance to be exact. I open the door with two numb gloved hands and a breeze of warmth flows on to me. It's so warm in here;how perfect for a cold winter day. I start to take off my warm snow clothes as I walk down the hallway. It's really peaceful at school if no ones there. I should come early more often.

I drop a glove by accident while taking off my hat and a voice surprises me from behind. "Myra, I'm so glad you could come to help." says Mrs.Meers. She's my English teacher and she's pretty nice to me. She also happens to be one of the teachers organizing the winter celebration party.

"Hello, Mrs.Meers." I say as I stuff my gloves in to my coat pockets.

"Come on in." she says as she gestures to her classroom. "We can get started in a few minutes."

When i walk into her classroom I see a few other students. Some i recognize, some i don't. One person I do recognize is a girl in my class named Sasha. I don't talk to her much, but she's been nice to me when i have talked to her. I say a quick "Hi" to her and i sit down in a seat nearby. 

I look around the class and notice that it's been decorated for the holidays. That's another thing I like about this time of year; the decorations.

It only takes a few more minutes for everyone to arrive and for the teachers to tell us what to do. Only about 12 people came to help; that's the same number as my age!

At last Mrs.Meer announces something.

"Thank you all for coming. It will be a great help to set up everything today." she smiles " Mme.Leroux and I will assign you all with a partner or small group and a job to do." Mrs.Meer says cheerfully. "Remember we only have so much time till everyone arrives, so work hard and I hope to be finished as soon as we can."She smiles and goes back to talking with Mme.Leroux, the French teacher.