The Slit-Mouthed Woman

"Anyone up for a story?" Pein started. 

"Hn. I have one." 

Everyone turned to Itachi, who narrowed his eyes and sighed.

"I'll be telling the legend of the Slit Mouthed Woman."

"What does she look like!? Is she a pretty lady?" Tobi got a bonk on the head by Deidara and he whimpered as he listened in silence.

"So this would occur especially to children. When a child is walking alone at night, a woman will come up to him/her and ask is she is pretty. Of course, she wears a surgical mask like a doctor about to prepare a chainsaw examination. Since this is Japan(?), people wear masks when they are ill. If you answer no, she will kill you with a large pair of scissors that she carries. That is if you are rude."

Itachi emphasized that part and glared at Kisame who somehow seems to interrupt him during conversations.

"If you answer yes, the woman will pull down her mask, showing her mouth, which stretched all the way to the ends of her ears, her straight black hair blowing in the breeze. She'll then ask if she is pretty now. At this point it doesn't matter if you answer yes or no."

With the monotone way Itachi had of saying things, it was slightly boring to hear this, but the details add to the spookiness of the night.

"Yes, and she cut your mouth just like hers with her scissors. No, and she will cut you in half. The only way to avoid this is to ask if you are pretty, leaving the woman confused. Or you can say that she is average or so-so. And I guess throwing fruits and stuff at her works, too..."

Itachi ends the story at that, and gets up to take a walk out. [name] was starting to get bored of watching Deidara yelling at Tobi for being a total wimp and left to follow Itachi. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Along the following, Itachi caught [name] and allowed her to tag along in silence. 

Crickets did their thing and the sky was completely dark. Not a moon was in sight.

"Hello. Do you kids think I'm pretty?"

A voice interrupts the comfortable silence as [name] and Itachi were met with a beautiful woman with a mask on. 

In an instant, Itachi and [name] were struck with the feeling they should run away, but found that in such a situation, they couldn't.

Before things could get messy, [name] blurted a stuttered yes.

And as expected, the woman pulled down her mask and asked the question.

[name] could catch a glimpse of scissors behind the woman's back and was too scared to say anything, so Itachi finished for her. In a really unexpected way...

"Do YOU think I'm pretty?"

"...."

The woman and [name] froze as a chill breeze flew by and left both ladies in confusion. But mostly a sign of WTF for [name]. Taking the chance, Itachi grabbed [name's] arm and pulled her away from the woman, running away back to the base...

As they made it back, Itachi turned to [name] and narrowed his eyes, saying something.

"You will not mention what I said to anyone. Understand?"

[name] nodded furiously, scared for her life.

She wasn't scared of the slit mouthed woman from earlier. But of what Itachi had said...