three

1 year of being in a coma - Rosie is now 7

"Happy birthday Rose." Christian says to me, waking me up.

"Thank you."

He smiles and uncovers my pink floral blanket. "My mother made you breakfast, she made your favorite since its your birthday!"

I get up, and stretch as far as my little back can handle. "Yay! Let's go!"

We run down the stairs, past the living room, straight into the big kitchen which lingers with the smell of bacon, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, ect.

"Well good morning Rosie!" Caroline, Christian's mother says flipping a pancake. She has always been great at multitasking.

"Good morning to you too." I say, sitting myself down at the kitchen table.

She walks over with a plate of pancakes, and sets it down right in front of me. "You can't have cake just yet, but here, you have a birthday pancakes."

My smile grows big, "Candles?"

"Oh yes, of course candles." She runs over and grabs seven pink and blue candles and lights them.

I've always been so fascinated by fire, it's like when I see them, it feels like I'm not actually in the world I am.

"Make a wish, Rose!" Christian says to me, leaning closer.

"Yes, but save the best one for tonight hun." Caroline says sitting at a chair across from us.

I close my eyes, the only thing I have ever wanted in my life was to have my parents back. Ever since that day by the school and park, the day I met Christian, my parents have been gone. I've lived with Christian since.

I quickly blow out the seven candles and look at Christian. "Do these really work?"

"The blowing out candles?"

"Yes?"

He nods his head. "I believe so."

"I'm only asking because it seems like even wishing upon a shooting star doesn't work." I say, as my voice cracks a bit.

He looks at me. "Rose, what are you talking about."

"Candles won't work." My eyes start to water, and small tear falls from my eyes to my cheeks.

He wraps his small arms around me shoulders. "I'm so sorry Rose, your parents won't be gonna forever, maybe they went on a vacation."

"Maybe."

Christian chuckles, "It's not like you won't see them for ten years."

I smile. "Thank you Christian."

Rosie's mom POV

"Mark? Are you ready to go?" I yell into the bedroom.

He walks out, still in his pajamas. "Hunny, let's just stay home today."

"Stay home!" I catch myself yelling. "Hun, we won't see her for another week."

He nods, "Yes, but she's been out for a year, doubtful she will wake up today."

Tears stream down my face. "How can you be doubtful Mark! That is our little girl! Her birthday is today, and you don't wanna see her! I pray everyday she will wake up! You stay, and when she wakes up, she won't be happy with her father." I run down the stairs and out the door.

*

hello! very short chapter.

this chapter kinda told you how sensitive Rosie is about her parents being gone, and how she's lives with Christian.

i hoping to speed things up a little more on the book so, i might update again later tonight too, since this was such a short chapter.