Hospital Snuggles

Start from the beginning

"Leave him alone!" I shout but am quickly silenced by a punch to my throat as well. 

I fall to the ground. 

The guy with the cigarette kicks me in my stomach with his foot and laughs every time he does so. The guy behind me is kicking my back at the same time and a sharp pain rushes through me. 

Harry screams in pain again. 

I try to look at Harry put then the guy behind me stomps on my elbow and I feel it crush. I can even hear it crunch. 

I cry out harder than I ever did in my life. 

The guy who is smoking the cigarette kneels down beside me and takes the cigarette from his mouth. He breathes the smoke into my face and I cough. He looks at the cigarette in his hand and then pulls up my shirt to reveal my bare tummy; all I see is blood and heavy bruises. 

No. I think but I can't speak, it hurts too much. 

"Don't hurt him!" I hear Harry shout but he is kicked in his face and he winces. 

The guy plays with the cigarette in his hand and then pushes the burning edge in my tummy. It makes a sizzling sound and it hurts more than I could ever imagine. He presses it in even deeper until the cigarette is no longer burning. 

Then he gets up and gives me a kick to the burning flesh on my tummy. 

"Axel, give me your cig too!" he laughs and the guy named Axel takes his cigarette from his mouth and hands it to the other guy. 

He takes it and immediately presses it to my leg through a hole in my jeans. 

I scream and cry out but it doesn't stop him. 

Another guy hands him something but I can't make out what it is and I lost sight of Harry for a second. 

I feel myself dozing off but I force myself to stay awake. 

I finally see what it is and causes me to scream a loud "No!" 

The guy clicks on the yellow lighter and a little flame occurs. He laughs and holds it right above my tummy. 

The lighter is not even touching my flesh yet and it hurts already. 

Then the guy slams the tiny flame into my stomach and burns my skin. The pain is too much and too overwhelming. 

I give up. 

The last thing I see is two of the five guys kick Harry in his ribs. 

"Louis! Stay awake!" I try to listen to Harry's voice but I can't breathe through the pain anymore. 

Then it all goes black.

-

I open my eyes slowly. They feel like someone is trying to hold them down but with great effort I manage to open them. 

I look around. 

I'm not home. Where am I? 

The walls are pale white, there's a big window with light blue curtains. 

I try to move my head to the other side but it hurts too much and I let out a shriek. 

Why am I hurt? 

I slowly move my head back and look down. I'm lying in a big white bed. 

A hospital bed. 

An infusion needle is stuck in my hand and it hurts when I try to move my fingers. 

And then the whole night plays again in my head. I hear the drunk slurring voices of the guys in my head. I see the cigarette, the leather jacket and the yellow lighter.