Arrest my Heart

Wanting to be closer to his mother, Dante Falconeri had transferred from Bensonhurst to the PCPD. He had been assigned a new partner and was supposed to be at the police station today to meet them. He hadn't been told much just that his new partners name was Spencer.

"Hi, I'm Detective Falconeri. I was supposed to meet my new partner today." he said to the secretary as soon as he walked in.

"Ah Detective I heard about you." The brunette said playing with her hair.

"Oh yeah, only good thing I hope." He replied knowing that the woman was clearly flirting with him.

"Falconeri?" He heard someone say as he turned to see who had said his name.

"Yes."

"I'm Officer Spencer, I'm your new partner."

"You?" he said trying to hide his shock. He expected his new partner to be a man, not that he didn't think women could be cops but the woman before him looked so young and innocent.

"Yeah me."

"Sorry I was kinda.."

"Expecting a man?"

"Yeah, no offence," he replied.

"Oh good you guys have met already," Mac said coming into the room from his office holding a thick file in his hands.

"Detective Falconeri, I'm Mac Scorpio." he said reaching out to shake Dante's hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"I have a case for you to start on right away." Mac said as he ushered the two of them over to his office. "Have a seat."

Dante took a seat as Mac laid out the file before them, it was an ongoing murder case and even though they had a few suspects they had not been able to narrow it down. For the next hour and a half Mac briefed them on the case and then sent them on their way. This case was top priority at them moment and he had been placed on it his first day on the job. Commissioner Scorpio had said that he liked Dante's credentials and felt that he was well equipped to handle a case like this. Mac had also told his that his partner Lulu he had said her name was, was very good at her job.

Their first stop was to the docks where one of the murders had been committed, they had both agreed that retracing the steps of their killer might give them insight into how this person thought. It might help them to link the victims or locations to how they were killed.

The Next Day

Dante and Lulu were out on patrol when they got a call about a break-in at the warehouses on the docks, Lulu knew immediately that it must be one of Sonny's. Grabbing their guns out of the holsters Dante went one way while Lulu went to other, their plan was to cover the exits so that no one could escape. Just then shots rang out from one of the other warehouses and Lulu crept forward to investigate as she turned the corner a shot ricocheted and hit her in the shoulder. She could feel the sting as the bullet grazed her shoulder and the pain began to set in.

Dante raced over to where he heard the shots and noticed that Lulu was clutching her arm, "Were you hit?"

"I'm fine it just grazed me."

"No we need to get you to the hospital, come on." He said as he led her back to the car.

"But they're getting away."

"They already have."

At the hospital Dante waited to hear how Lulu was doing when a gang of people walked in, "Is she alright?" Lucky said.

"How did this happen?" someone else said behind him.

"There was a break-in at one of the warehouses, shots rang out and she was hit." Dante tried to explain. "I'm waiting to hear how she is."

"Well we're here now so you can leave," a woman replied angrily.

"Tracy come on this isn't his fault." Lucky said.