Where I stand

August 7th, 1996

Hermione thoroughly read through the newspaper yet again. Three days prior she had read an article about how muggleborns had to submit to the ministry for questioning. Her chest tightened when she read through the list of those who still had to go in. Her name was at the top.

She couldn't believe the unfairness of it all. Muggleborns have bee successfully preforming magic for forever. How can someone claim that they aren't valid witches and wizards. She is a muggleborn, and she just so happens to be first in her year. Some have even called her "The brightest witch of her age."

She wondered what Draco thought of the new law. Although they had been secretly snogging for months, Hermione wasn't quite sure on whether he was still discriminatory towards muggleborns or not. She prayed that he wasn't.

Hermione found herself rather confused though. He obviously has some sort of feelings towards her, maybe he even loves her. But why would he continue on with Voldemort then? He must be holding something over Draco, something that would make his stay.

She hadn't seen him attack anyone at the wedding. He had even helped her and the boys escape.

Hermione set down her newspaper and looked over to Ron, who was watching her.

"I really wish that you weren't coming." He breathed.

"You cant stop me. And besides, you tow might need me."

"But Hermione, your name is on the list."

"So what if it is. I'm going whether you like it or not."

Just then, Harry came into the room. He looked nervous.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yes." Replied Hermione, patting her beaded bag.

"Alright then." He answered.

The three all grabbed hands, and together, they dissaparated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day.

Draco quickly scanned the newspaper from the previous day once again before tossing it into the fire in his bed chamber. He sat back and watched it shrivel and burn. He had to scoff at the idea of muggleborns not being real wizards and witches. After all, he was sort of dating on, and she seemed real enough to him.

He didn't exactly know where his stood on the whole blood prejudice. But he knew that they could preform magic just as well as he could.

He sent a thought to Hermione for her to be careful and stay hidden. His head had begun to spin when he had seen her name on the list. He couldn't imagine what would happen if she were to get caught. He highly doubted that she could get a fair trial.

Draco clenched his fists at the unfairness of it all. He wished that he could just not participate in this ridiculous war. For a second her thought of doing it, running away and going into hiding, but then he thought of his parents. The dark Lord would definitely kill them to punish him. He could never do that to his mother.

A ticking noise started at the door to his balcony. He looked over and saw a handsome owl in the window of it. He went over to the door and opened it to let the owl inside. It dropped the newspaper on his large, four-poster bed, and flew back out the door that Draco still held open.

He gently shut it behind it, and went over to his bed to pick up the prophet. He didn't have to look far to find what he was looking for. Right in the front page it read:

POTTER INFULTRATES THE MINISTRY!

On august 7th, Harry potter, half blood; and friends: Hermione Granger, Muggleborn; and Ron Weasley, Pure blood; were seen running from the ministry. Those who were at the hearing of Mary Cattermole, muggleborn, claimed that the three had taken the faces of Mafalda Hopkirk, half blood; Reginald Cattermole, half blood; and Albert Runcorn, pureblood. How they obtained these disguises is still a mystery, although Polyjuice Potion is suspected.

"They were looking for something, and along the way the girl msut have taken a liking to me necklace, because she stole it! And one of them searched my office!" Says and outraged Dolores Umbridge.

The three attended the hearing of Mary Cattermole, in disguise. Halfway through the trial, Harry Potter revealed himself, and viciously attacked members of the council, including Dolores herself. He also smuggled Marry Cattermole from the ministry. Robbing the ministry of its much desired justice.

Not only did Harry Potter interrupt a hearing, but he is also harbouring known fugitive Hermione Granger, a muggleborn, who is past the deadline of showing up to her hearing. If anyone has any information on the where abouts of Potter and Granger, they are to report to the ministry. If anyone is known to be with holding information on these two undesirables, or is known to be helping them, they will be punished accordingly.

Draco clenched his jaw at this new information. He could now believe how reckless they were acting in going tot he ministry, and all for a stupid necklace, and to free some witch? Draco looked at the piece of jewelry once more, examining the picture of the stolen locket.

He sighed and looked over to the fire again. They must have a reason to go. Otherwise he doubts that Hermione would have agreed to it.

He looked down to and advertisement in the paper. There was a picture of a weed strangling a red rose. Underneath it read:

MUDBLOODS: WRECKING OUR PURE SOCIETY.

Dreaco cringed at the words he had not spoken in so long. He ripped the advertisement from the newspaper and threw it into the fire. He now knew where he stood.