Seventh Year (Snippets)

Since it was requested, I decided to do a few short snippets of their seventh year at Hogwarts.

NARGLES

"C'mon Hermione," said Draco as he insistently pulled her along. His hand was clamped around her wrist, "hurry up!" Hermione reluctantly followed. This was ridiculous.

A few paces ahead of them, skipped Luna, merely. The three made their way down Hogwarts halls, stopping only to remember which way it was exactly that they were heading.

"This way!" Sang Luna, turning down a dark hallway. Hermione had no idea as to where they were taking her at this hour. Surly they weren't going to waste her time with nonsense, Draco wasn't like that. But Hermione couldn't help but wonder what him and Luna were up to.

Luna stopped in front of a classroom door. The classroom wasn't in use. She pushed open the door, and Draco, and Hermione followed.

"Are you sure that this was where you saw it?" Draco asked. He had a smirk on his face.

"Positive confirmed Luna." She was bouncing on the spot, obviously excited.

Draco lifted himself up to sit on a table. He patted next to him on the surface, commanding her to sit next to him. Hermione obeyed and hopped up after them, Luna taking the table behind, and sitting across from them. She swung her feet back and forth, still bouncing.

"Will you two just tell me what is happening?"  Hermione asked impatiently, leaning back onto her hands.

"Be patient," Draco instructed. "Luna, I don't see it."

"It's hanging back there!" Luna sang, pointing behind them. Draco turned around, Hermione did to, trying to get a hint as to what they were talking about. At the front of the classroom hung a bushy mistletoe.

"Mistletoe?" Hermione looked skeptically at Draco. He smirked at her, then turned to Luna.

"How did you even come across this stuff?" Draco asked.

"I guess being kidnapped by you know who doesn't earn you much sympathy around here," Luna shrugged. "All of my stuff has gone missing, I suspect that Gulping Plimpies are behind it this time. SO, I was checking all of the places where they might hide it, that's when I saw it, the mistletoe."

Hermione noticed the way that Draco's face twitched when Luna talked about her stuff going missing. He and Her both know that it was students behind it, not Gulping Plimpies. She gave Luna a sympathetic glance.

"We will help you look tomorrow." Hermione assured her. Draco nodded.

"Oh no, that's alright. I have all year to wait for it to turn up." Luna waved off their offer. "Oh, and I think that it is time!" She squealed.

"What?" Hermione asked.

Luna pointed behind her to where the mistletoe hung. Hermione whipped around. She saw nothing, she looked closer, and then she noticed it.

Little balls of light slowly began to drift out of the plant. At first it was only five or seven that came out, but soon their was enough to fill the air of the classroom.

Hermione hopped off of her desk, open mouthed. She gaped at the little balls of light that drifted lazily around the room. She reached out to touch one, but it dodged her gesture.

"Wha-" She began.

"Nargles," Luna cried. "Be careful, they are mean little things, they have been known to swipe things from your pockets. In fact, I bet that it was these guys that took my stuff!"

Hermione ignored her, still in awe at the sight before her.

"That's impossible." She breathed, "Nargles don't exi-"