"Cake! Chocolate cake!" The same guy shouts.

"Shut up, Jacob! We're looking for Richard? Richard Michaels?" A red-head boy asks, a thick Irish accent slurring his words.

I sigh in relief, "oh, so your his hippo gang...you look pretty young compared to him to be honest..."

A blonde glares at me and I frown, "we don't know, we just work for him."

"...and who is that behind you? Damn she's one fine thing, ain't she," a boy with a Texas accent intervenes. The group laughs as if sharing an inside joke.

I don't know why I got so angry. Actually, yeah I do, it's because I have anger management issues but never mind that.

Calm down, River.

"If I give you some free cake will you please leave?"

"Chocolate cake?" The brunette asks pleadingly.

"Why not?" I say and I pull out a rotting chocolate cake from under the counter.

They ended up eating the cake and finally leaving after ranting on and on about the weird cons of being a bikey and once again we were stuck by ourselves.

"That was really weird," Peyton says. She looked pretty shocked.

"That was... I'm bored," I say, looking around the shop.

"Let's play twenty one questions?" She asks, tapping her fake nails on the counter top.

"Alright then, I'll go first. Do you have a boyfriend?" I smirk, crossing my hands over my stomach.

"No, do you have a girlfriend?"

"No, do you hate me?"

"I don't exactly know you anymore so I can't say I hate you...do you hate me?"

"You're pretty hot so no. Do you like anyone?"

She froze and covered her blush with her dark hair. "N-no."

"Aw, does poor little Peyton have a crush?" I chuckle.

"Shut up," she mutters.

"What's his name?"

"Shut up."

"Aw come on, why do you like him?"

"Shut up."

"Is he hotter then me?"

"Shut up, Johnson."

"Tell me, I promise I won't not tease you for the rest of your life. Do you have dirty dreams about him?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, RIVER!"

"Oh, so the girl swears," I say, raising a brow.

"What's that meant to mean?" She says clearly frustrated.

"I thought you were those chicks that never swear," I grin.

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know. You just look like your innocent and all."

"My innocence is dropping faster then a roller coaster just talking to you."

"Oh, now I'm sad, you just hurt my feelings," I say, sarcasm draining my voice.

"You have feelings?" She mutters and I laugh.

"Nah, I'm pretty heartless."

There was a silence and we just stared at each other.

"You were pretty desperate for this job...why do you need the cash so much?"

"Rent," I say.

"Your eighteen right? Why don't you live with your parents?" She asks, curiosity outlining her words.

"Dad died, mum sent me off because she didn't have enough cash paying for me and my sister," I say, staring at her.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know - "

"Shut up, I don't need your pity. I'm a grown man, I can handle all this."

She frowned but didn't dwell on the topic. "We better start cleaning."

I nod and we both walk to the storage room. I grab the broom and glance up at her, "hey, Peyton?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you on your period?"

"No..."

I grin and hand her the broom. "Well then it's your turn to clean."

Chapter written by: S u w a t h i e
Picture up top by: S u w a t h i e