Chapter Two

The street was all closed off. There was a blue line in front of Trevor Abourforth's house.

The blue line said Police line Do not cross.

Two slim police men both with black hair stood in front of the house.

Police Constable Bates looked at his colleague Police Constable Nicolson "What have we got here then?."

Nicolson grins "Victim is 35 year old Trevor Abourforth... He was arrested for Cyber crime a few days ago but bailed the same day."

His colleague nodded "So what is our killer's method of choice today?."

Bates grinned "Just an ordinary Kitchen knife sir.. Took from Abourforth's own kitchen.."

Nicolson sulks "Damn.. They suck out all the fun.. I was hoping they were gonna make this hard.."

Bates shakes his head. "Nope.. This one seems like it's going to be an open and shut case sir.."

Nicolson frowns "Oh come on.. It's never that easy is it?."

Bates rolls his eyes at him. "We examined the phone calls prior to his death around 10am this morning and there was no calls made but he had received a call from a Belinda Cartwright."

Nicolson nodded "It's confirmed by the coroner is it?."

Bates nodded "Yes sir.."

Nicolson sighs "Get the boys to dust the place for prints including the front door handle and get the body to the lab.. Me and you though are going back to the station to see what we can find out about this Belinda Cartwright."

Bates nodded "Yes sir.. I'll sort that for you right away sir."

Bates walks away from his colleague and heads into the other room talking to his other members of his team.
"The boss wants this whole place dusted for prints including the front door handle.. Get the body back to the lab and if I were you I'd take samples of the blood just in case."

There were murmurs of agreement and the team set to work. Whilst they were doing that PC Nicolson stepped outside for air for a few moments.

Bates searched the kitchen for his boss and saw him in the garden. "You alright sir?.."

He nodded "Yes I'm fine.. Let's get back to the station."

They exited the garden together and walked through the house and into their car.