6

For the next hour or so, I heard a lot of yelling and shouting coming from the other side of my bedroom wall. Amy was blowing out all the frustrations she had obviously kept caged inside her for years, while her sister was calling her names and shouting out all her flaws. True family as I knew it.

In the meantime I had buried myself in my work again. Even though I knew I never missed a clue, I kept going over the details of the kidnapping.

One thing bugged me; Vahlov was no amateur when it came to killing, yet he left the body in the wide open city for us to find it. He could've gotten rid of it, burned her corpse, and he wouldn't have had the police sniffing around his case. The kid's mother had been a prostitute with minimal family. Nobody would've reported her missing, at least not for months, which at that point the trail would've gotten too cold to investigate. Who cared about a street prostitute these days?

So why did he leave her for us to find her?

I heard the sound of final words being said on the other side of my wall before a door was thrown open and then slammed shut. I heard something breaking—a vase or a glass—against the door before Amy's silent sobs begun. The bedsprings of her mattress creaked and I now knew she exactly what she was doing. She was trying to bury the pain with what she knew best; Pleasure.

I focused my mind back on the papers in my hand, going over the pictures taken at the murder scene of the dismembered prostitute. There had to be something I had missed, something obvious, right in front of me...

Three short knocks sounded on my door. My head slowly rose and I looked at it. I knew it was her.

Standing up, I walked out of my bedroom and over to it. I opened the door and looked at her. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, forget it. I don't do tears."

"I don't need a shoulder to cry on," She said, meeting my eyes as she stepped closer. "I need a dick to ride on."

I sighed when she put her hands on my chest, grasping my shirt. "The vibrator not enough this time?"

"Not after I had you. I only want you now," She whispered, stepping onto her toes. She gently pressed her lips to mine and I kissed her back.

"What about Maddox?" I said between kisses, cocking a brow at her as I wrapped my hands around her waist. "I'm sure he'll be more than willing if you purr enough into the phone."

"I don't want Maddox, I want you," She said again, gripping my shirt tighter. She begun dragging me out of my apartment, into the hall. She cleverly managed to close my door behind me, locking me out. I didn't care.

"I can't fix you," I told her when she pulled me into her own apartment. I lifted my hand and trailed my finger across her jawline. "I can give you a fix, but I can't fix you. I live with trouble."

"I know," She murmured, looping her arms around my neck. She closed the door to her apartment with a small push and then continued leading me to her bed. "That's why you keep coming back to me. I'm trouble."

"You knocked on my door."

"But you never say no." She leaned in and pressed a long, deep kiss on my lips. I kissed her back, traveling my hand down her spine. After another moment she pulled away, breathing heavily. "You want me as much as I want you."