Chapter 10 - Bon Voyage

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Nandini and Thank you Mr. George for considering your decision again", Mr. Arora stepped forward excitedly for a shake hand with Steve without noticing his way. Manik stealthily extended his leg in between and my boss tripped. He opened his arms and flapped his hand in air to get some support from somewhere but there was none and he landed straight on Steve. I gasped as his lips pasted on Steve' s cheek, an inch closer and they would have smooched. I could laugh my guts out at the scene. I replayed the scene in my head in slow motion, the desperately flapping hands of my boss, Steve looking at him in horror and anticipation, Mr. Arora's lips coiled into a big fat O and the finally the THUMP!!! and the much awaited XO. I sniggered noisily and immediately covered my mouth. Manik grunted loudly and I suppressed my teeth that were dying to flash at the sight. No matter how much I deny the scene was hilarious. But I maintained a straight face and glowered at Manik angrily for his stupid revenge tricks.

"Sir..sir are you okay??", I rushed to his side and helped him to separate and stand straight and Manik as usual enjoyed the situation.

Steve and Arora both were grossly embarrassed at such display of unwanted and uncalled for display of affection. Steve flushed as if somebody had kicked him in the groin publicly and Mr. Arora gave desperate looks at all three of us to justify that he was straight.

"Mr. Arora watch your steps... you were about to make breaking news", Manik remarked with a chuckle and Steve went all shades of red and green. Mr. Arora passed a glare at Manik knowing he was the reason behind his great fall.

"Steve we should talk somewhere else", Mr. Arora gave me a look and led Steve outside who followed him reluctantly. I tried to step out too but Manik grabbed me.

"Where do you think you are going? I am not done with you yet", he yanked me inside to him and locked the door.

"Manik let go off me", I spat at him but he held me tight against the wall.

He bordered me in between his hands, "Why the hell were you with him? Why do you have to be so impatient? I was here na to talk to your boss everything was almost sorted then why on earth did you have to poke your nose in between", Manik was ridiculously aggressive.

"Oh hello Mr. Malhotra you already did what you wanted to do there is no need to pretend to do damage control besides why do you even want to help me after spoiling it all", I snapped back at him.

"Listen Mrs. Malhotra I want you to stay away from that bloody Steve that's it and for that if it needs that you will stay out of this project then you will", he ordered rightfully hovering over my face.

"Oh really!! And who do you think you are to decide that?", I fearlessly looked into his eyes.

"Do I have to answer that?", he grabbed my waist roughly and I winced in pain. I wasn't getting what was wrong with him and why was he behaving like a maniac.

"Manik its hurting", I begged trying to free me from his grip and he pressed on to me more.

"I don't care", he exploded at the top of his voice, "you are not letting that leech anywhere near you do you understand that?"

"Stop it Manik...What s wrong with you? Why on earth are you behaving like this?", I desperately tried to push him back.

"He is a bloody womanizer and was arrested the night he wanted to take you to a party", he finally spilled the beans behind the absurd behavior.

The sudden revelation left me in shock. I didn't know how to react, "You are lying...you are just jealous and I don't trust you", I retorted in a shaky and an uncertain tone.

"This is exactly the reason why I did what I did"

"But I never felt anything wrong I know he goes a little overboard in expressing himself at times but he has never crossed his line"