As the cold nightly air flowed around Louis body, he slowly felt his fingers move without consent, touching his own cheek where a sudden wetness formed.

"Why?" Louis whispered, his voice choked up as he broke down into sobs. "Why am I crying all of a sudden?"

-

Harry Styles suffered a horrid night of dreams about his father, something he hasn't done in a long time. That, in short, made him look terrifying when he walked into work with bags under his eyes and darkened green eyes that caused his employees to flinch at him, something they haven't done since Louis messed up Harry coffee and received an apology for it.

When he slammed the door to his office, the whole work space started whispering to each other, all blaming Louis for his mood.

Meanwhile, Harry simply sagged at his desk, monotonously going through emails and wondering if Louis would bother coming to work today. It was a foolish thought, as Louis was very dedicated and wouldn't let a mere confession stop him from working.  Still, the cowardly part of Harry hoped he wouldn't come if only to give his heart some time to heal. Perhaps if he threw himself into work and tried not to think about it? Nodding to himself, Harry turned his attention to the schedule for today.

It was one of those board meetings he needed to attend every couple of months. The CEO would be lying if he said he wasn't relieved. At least this way he has an excuse to ignore Louis throughout the day.

An excuse to ignore Louis..Dammit, since when has he become so pathetic? Sighing, he stood up and started walking to the conference room for the meeting about to start.

What useless information would they go over today? How Styles Company has been on top again? Or how Harry was, as usual, running it amazingly? It was all the same thing every year, and he was never bothered by it. So when he sat down and noticed the ominous stares directed at him, he frowned.

"What?" he snapped, putting on that tough exterior mask of his.

"We heard about your new secretary," the first man stated, eyes narrowing. "Louis Tomlinson, correct?"

"Louis William Tomlinson if you want the exact name," Harry offered a sarcastic smile.

Really? That's what they were going to discuss today? To think he thought this meeting would distract him from Louis.

"Why?"

"We looked into him," the second man stated. "Just as we do for all your new secretaries. Mr. Styles, he managed to steal some files but with the use of some of our best hackers, we found out what he was hiding. He used to be a very dedicated employee of Payne Company."

"And was fired due to attacking a fellow employee," the first man cut in again. "Doesn't that seem suspicious?"

Harry ground his teeth together in frustration. So Louis secret was discovered? Well, at least part of it was.

"Doesn't what seem suspicious?"

"That a supposedly loyal, calm headed employee of Payne Company randomly threw a fit and attacked the CEO's step brother?" the second man raised an eyebrow.

"Mr. Styles it could be a very well plotted scheme set up by Liam himself to obtain information."

"You're joking." Harry deadpanned.

"We are not."

Harry sighed, rubbing his temples. What was he supposed to say? That Louis threw that fit because Liam just ended the secret relationship between them and his stepbrother is the one that caused it? It didn't sound remotely believable and it would reveal the one thing Louis was the most sensitive about. Especially considering Louis was still in love with the bastard.