thirteen.

"I can't promise to fix all of your problems, but I can promise you won't face them alone."
-

When I get back to the Ward B room, the first thing I see is Harry sitting cross-legged in my bed with a frown etched on his face. His curls are all over the place and his eyes are still sleepy looking.

Thankfully, I managed to leave Sister Theresa's office with no problem at all, except the fact that a nurse asked me where I was coming from and the first thing that came to mind was to reply simply with, "The bathroom.", since that was the door nearest to the direction we were standing.

I walk towards the side of my bed.

"Where were you?" Harry asks, worried. I sit down in front of him and fix his hair.

"I was just talking to Sister Theresa." I lie, forcing myself to smile a bit.

"Good..." He says, pulling me into his warmth and I rest my head in his lap as he plays with my hair. I turn to look up at him.

"Why is that good?"

"I was starting to get the feeling..." Harry starts to say above me, but covers it up with a cough and closes his mouth.

"What feeling?" I press, him sighing in defeat, knowing I heard.

"I-I was starting to get the feeling you left me for good, that you regretted kissing someone like me." He says sadly, his gaze dropping. Sister Theresa's words make sense now.

He's known for being strong and fragile all at once.

I immediately lift my head from his lap and take his rough cheek into my hand and trace circles with my thumb. "Hey, why are you thinking that way, Haz?" I say softly, tilting my head so that his lost eyes find mine. "I would never, in a million years- even in that last breath before I die- regret kissing you. You're a big dreamer with an even bigger heart. It was and will always be an honour to kiss you."

"You really think so?" He asks me in a hushed tone, a little smile ghosting at his beautiful, rosy lips.

"Yeah." I nod, in the same tone, leaning in to kiss him. The way his lips fit perfectly with mine is something I admire, humming against his mouth. It's like his insanity pulls me deeper, rather than scaring me away. He intrigues me- every inch of his perfect imperfections.

"Harry, you need to promise not to get mad when I say this." I hesitantly say, pulling away. He freezes in place, nodding his head momentarily. I look over to the side, before looking at him again. "I know that you have Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar Disorder as well."

I wait for a reaction, watching as Harry's eyebrows begin to furrow and jaw clench, but when I grab his hand and hold it in mine, his features soften. "You know, you work miracles Gracie. I didn't get mad this time."

"And I'm proud of you." I reply, smiling as I leave a kiss on his hand. "Listen, this changes nothing, Harry. Every version of you is perfect,and nothing about you scares me. You are who you are and nothing can change that."

Harry shakes his head, pulling my hand until it finds its way to his chest, right above his heart. It's amazing how a heart of the past could beat so fast. "That's not true...you can change that. You can make me sane again."

"I'm not so sure about that, Harry, but just know that it doesn't matter who you are or how people see you, I-" I stop myself from saying the words that want to fall from my lips like a waterfall. I can literally feel my pulse at my fingertips and the swelling of my heart from the overwhelming emotion I've never experienced before.

Harry's lips part as he looks at me, his eyes widening ever so slightly. There is a glint of hope in them, I can just feel it. "You what?"

My breathing comes out short and rapid as I blurt out what's exactly on my mind. "I'd still love you."

He grins widely, his eyes crinkling gorgeously, just like the first time I saw him smile. "I'd still love you, too."

~

It's been three days since I've had that talk with Harry. Sometimes I worry I've said those three little words too soon, but then realize that that's how I've been feeling since the first day I met him. To regret genuine feelings, would be a sin.

Every single day, it feels as though I'm more and more in love with him and I just can't help it. Why am I doing this to myself when I know I can't? I've fallen for a boy from the past when I know that I can't be with him for long. I haven't even told him I'm from the future yet, and it's driving me insane. When I tell him, I don't even think he'll believe me. He'll just think I'm some stupid psychotic girl who's finally revealing why she's admitted here.

"Hey Beth," I sigh, finding her in the recreation room at a table sketching something. She looks up from her piece of paper and smiles.

"Oh, hi Grace!" She says.

I motion to the seat across from her. "May I?" I trail and she nods rapidly.

"Please do."

I peer over the table to finally see what she's sketching. It's a baby in a blanket wearing a flower band. "It's my baby, she was a girl." She says almost sadly, "If I wasn't stuck here, I would have gave her the best life she could ever imagine. She was my angel."

"Wherever she is, I'm sure she knows that she was loved." I tell Beth comfortingly, reaching to cover her shaking hand with mine. Just at that moment, someone shouts from across the room, causing everyone to turn around.

"Hey, I just noticed, where's Cecilia?"

[OKAY WHAT DID I JUST WRITE SMH IM SO SORRY THIS WAS CRAP. PLEASE EXCUSE ALL ERRORS. AND I THINK GRACE AND HARRY DESERVE A SHIP NAME. LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS GUYZZZ x]