Chapter 5

Adam's POV:

I picked Skylar up from her room at about three, and we walked to the ice cream place about two blocks away. She was very talkative and bubbly, and had a smile on her face the whole time. It was a very bright smile, the kind the really lights up a room. I've had a crush on Skylar for quite some time now, but I got the vibe that she only liked me as a friend. A few weeks ago I would have been terrified to ask her out, but I'm thankful that Bree talked me into saying yes, because if she didn't, I wouldn't be walking down the sidewalk with my crush, Skylar Storm.

"I'm really glad you asked me to go for ice cream." Skylar said.

I smiled at her and nodded, "Thank Bree, she invited me and you're my plus one."

Skylar nodded and then turned her gaze to the ground.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Sometimes I dwell on the fact that I'm the only superhero at Mighty Med with no powers and it makes me sad. I had all these amazing powers and now they're all gone, thanks to the Annihilator." Skylar said.

"But you're still an amazing fighter, plus you don't need powers to be a hero." I said.

"Thanks Adam, that means a lot." She said, smiling.

We arrived at the ice cream place and saw Bree and Chase waiting in line.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Hey Adam, hey Skylar." Chase said.

After exchanging greetings we all sat down at one of the tables outside the ice cream shop. We were all talking and enjoying out ice creams when we saw an explosion at the shop next-door, at the Mighty Taco.

"That's right! Run around like idiots, you pathetic humans!" The Annihilator shouted.

We all left the table and ran over to the commotion.

"You four! The heroes! Marcus and Krane wanted me to tell you guys to get ready, because we're coming for you guys, and this time, it will be the last time!!" The Annihilator said.

"What do you mean?" Chase asked.

"We will come back to Mighty Med and destroy all you pathetic heroes, one by one!" The Annihilator shouted. "Enjoy thinking about your impending doom!" He shouted with an evil cackle before disappearing again.

"We have to get back to Mighty Med and warn everyone NOW!" Bree said.

"There are a lot of villains, they probably out superheroes. We'll need backup." Skylar said.

"You guys go on to Mighty Med, I'll catch up, but first I need to make some calls." I said.

*******************************************************************

I've decided that due to the fact that I have not updated in a while, nor have I really had any inspiration, I am cutting this story short, and sort of skipping right to the action. I'm writing the draft for chapter 9 right now, but I'm spacing out the updates in case I want to make changes. I will have the chapter 6 published tomorrow and chapter 7 published Sunday. Happy New Year!!! I can't believe it's already 2016!!!!