Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

The only thing that Alex was aware of was how stiff Brendon was beside her, and how intent he seemed on not holding her hand.

See, Alex had a habit of overthinking things. It a blessing and a curse, but unfortunately, the majority of the time it was the latter. Because her supposed boyfriend standing stiffly beside her at a movie premier could mean any number of things- none of them good.

Scenario number one: he was worried about paparazzi. Not a bad reason, considering he hadn't had a significant other since... well, who knows. Alex recalled seeing a photo of him and a absolutely stunning black haired woman kissing, but before then it would have been... Ryan. Who hated her. Yikes.

Scenario number two: he was worried about the fans. Sure, he was two times older than most of them, but still, not a bad reason. They might get angry or hurt. Alex could get that.

Scenario number three: He just wasn't feeling it tonight. That would be potentially the worst case scenario, but it'd be fine. She plastered a grin on her face anyways and pretended that she was having the time of her life.

"Everything alright, babe?" She questioned through clenched teeth.

After three seconds two many of not getting an answer, she followed Brendon's line of sight through the buzzing crowd. Her eyes landed on a bearded brunette boy completely snogging someone- they pulled away from each other and Alex recognized Brendon's jaw tense beside her, just as she recognized the snog-ee and Brendon decided to pull her into a passionate kiss of their own.