Chapter Twenty

Well Zayn was taken away in handcuffs, Peyton was rushed to the hospital- along with many others that tried to defend him- and I was left here in his car crying my eyes out. I’d say I was pretty much over it now, because I’ve been sitting here for over an hour, my face on the steering wheel and people banging on the door in disappointment.

They all were tired and eventually left, so I figured it was time to go, until my phone rang, unknown number.

" Hey babe, they’re letting me go, and since my parents aren’t here, can you come get me", it was Zayn, I almost screamed,

" yes, of course, I’ll be right there".

" Okay thanks Ni, I love you", I started crying again, but not nearly as much,

" I love you too, Zayn".

*******************

"So what was the damage" I said, he looked at me like I was crazy,

" I think I should be asking you that, I’m pretty sure that bitches face is gone", he chuckled.

" But I did get suspended for the rest of the week, and I need to shave", I sat in the giant bean bag chair in his room.

I pulled up a bunch of pictures on Twitter and tossed him my phone, as he was lying on his bed.

" Hahaha, this is ridiculous, I did this, wow, what the fuck, IS THIS TRENDING", he broke out into hysterical laughter.

I was kind of impressed with how he could take down over fifteen people, and leave without a scratch; I’d be lying if I said it didn’t turn me on.

" Zayn, it’s not funny, I’m surprised you didn’t get arrested", he stood up still laughing a little,

" me too, do you want to go get something to eat".

" Yeah sure, but I need to get my car from the studio too." 

********************

We stopped at the studio, dropped my car off, and went to Nando’s, I’m surprised he didn’t want to go anywhere else; considering the only place we’ve eaten together was here.

" Zayn", I started,

" yeah",

" do you even feel guilty about nearly killing that guy".

He leaned his head to the side and thought for a second,

" nope, not really", he explained further," I mean, I would’ve, but he hurt you and he deserved it, I guess he got what was coming to him".

I ate some of my peri-peri chicken and reconsidered why he did what he did.

He defended me.

Something no one had ever done. For that, I would have to pay him back.