Chapter I: Wrong Village

Start from the beginning

-Wait, can you tell me what are you doing here? Please I need to know! - Yelled Robert.

Mysterious figure didn't answer this time and started to walk faster, faster then Robert can walk, he did start to run, tried to chase the persona. He didn't manage to do so. 

-Damn it, who was it - Robert barked to himself. - walking in the direction where mysterious person was standing before. 

He did walk closer and closer, he felt that something is wrong, all over place there were only his footprints, some animals, but no other person. He saw then pendant hanging on the tree. It was big, red, had some fluid inside which was floating. He looked at it for a moment, not sure what happened, he took the pendant, It has weird symbol on the front, on the back therefore was a text "40 years from now". It did surprise Robert just as much as the weird persona he did just meet. 

-I am not sure what happened, but i better take it with myself. Now, I should go to get the plant.

He did hide the pendant in the coat. While he did walk the woods, he have heard some suspicious sounds, it felt like whole forest became silent, howl, scream, howl. He was not sure if he want walk further, it was getting darker with every minute, and the sound which accompanied him were rather not nice. 

-Damn it, I should be careful, I need to find that damn plant, but the forest, its getting terrifying. If i won't find it they will probably get rid of me. - Robert barked to himself.

He did head the direction, direction which mysterious person pointed for him. To his surprise there was a huge mandragora plant growing just in the northern part of the forest. Just like the mysterious figure pointed. He did walk to it slowly, remembering stories about the plant. Caution was really important for him in this moment, forest was completely silent, moon was right above the plant, like it did show the direction where the plant was. He did take its leaf cautiously in hand and tried to pull it. In same time rain started to fall, he did pull the plant out of the ground, therefore he realized that there was nothing to fear. Plant didn't do what it did in stories, stories he did read in past. He did put it in the bag. Then he did hear some steps behind.

-Who are you? - Robert asked before he even looked at the person.

He got no answer, what was even weirder, he saw nothing. 

-Probably my mind, I am tired and wet. - told to himself  - I should head to the village now. 

He was in hurry to arrive to the village before it will get dark. In same moment, his mind was busy with trying to understand what happened few hours earlier. Strange person in strange coat. Strange person in a hood, strange words, strange pendant, strange words on its backwards. 

-I have to look into books, maybe I will find something about it. Yes, I need to find anything about it. - Robert thought.

few hours after he went to the forest, he was already back. Village mayor, like always was standing on the boxes and directing other workers all around. Robert walked to him, while he did search in his bag for the plant.

-Sir. I am back! - Yelled with enthusiasm Robert.
-Great, great. I suppose you didn't find anything. - Answered Mayor with grin on his face.
-Completely opposite! Here, I've found the plant. - he did give mandragora to the Mayor.
-How? What? - He couldn't believe that: Robert did make what he was asked for.
-Its a long story, Sir. There was a weird person on the path in forest.
-Wait, what person?
-I do not know, persona itself had weird long coat, a hood on head.
-Did it tell anything to you? - Mayor asked.
-Yes, it direct me to the plant. I've tried to talk with the person, sadly it ran away from me.
-Ran? - with surprised voice Mayor asked.
-Yes, when I've got a bit closer, the person started to walk, faster and faster. I couldn't chase it, it was way too fast for me.
-Thats why you should start to help others in their work. - Answered irritated Mayor.
-But, Sir. I have no issues with my condition, the person was just too fast. It left even a pendant!
-Wait, pendant? Can you show me it?
-Uhm, yes. Here it is, Sir. - Robert gave the pendant to Mayor.