Chapter I: Wrong Village

Golden Leaf was the name of village, it was located somewhere in North-Eastern Europe. People there were peaceful, villagers were working like every day. Everyone except one. His name was Robert, he was known to be lazy, therefore people did rarely talk with him, such a lone soul he was.

One day, I suppose it was year 1854, he did start to contemplate thoughts lying in his poorly build bed.
-What, what if elders are right? Beasts, they are alive, wandering the swamps, and looking to take poor one's soul? Maybe its worth to think about that - Robert slowly told out loud.
-Damn this man - Village mayor growled - I knew letting him stay is no good for us. He is useless. Just look at that boy, damn it. - Village mayor told with irritation looking at the Robert's house.
-For example, Nymph, I think I've seen one few days ago. Maybe just my imagination? - Robert asked himself.

Then doors of his house got opened, a slender person standing in the door, in the light in such way that Robert could not even say who it was, yelled at him.

-What do you think you are doing? Everyone work hard and you, you are sitting on your four letters and thinking, thinking about some pointless things. We should throw you out long time ago, you know what? You are going on the swamps, we need some flora from there, and you, You! - person barked at Robert - You, you will bring us what we need. - In same moment persona threw a list with ingredients on the floor and closed the door.

Robert did slowly stand up, his eyes were looking at the note left by mysterious figure. Slowly walking forward he did catch the coat, and took the note from the floor. What surprised him was the list, "Mandragora" it was therefore hard to read. Probably some joke Robert thought and opened doors. Outside he saw villagers working hard to stay alive, he didn't think much about it anyway.
While he did look at working couple, his neighbors, he did walk in the direction of mayor.

-My kind sir, I... I have a question - Told Robert while still walking in the direction of the mayor.
-Yes, what it is? - Mayor answered with irritation on his face.
-Is that, a serious matter? - Robert asked pointing at the mandragora from the list. - I mean, I've heard it is dangerous to take it from the ground.
-This again? Its not true, its not magical being, stop being so worried. - barked back to Robert.
-Thats, good. Can you give me any magical pendant? - asked awkwardly .
-Ha, ha, ha, ha Magical? You want me to split my lungs out? - with sadistic smile - Now go, come back when you find what you are meant to find.

Robert, rather disappointed decided to go. He did enter the forest, it was a dark place, reminding him of these terrible stories he did read in his books back in the days. Whole the time while he did walk through the forest, he did stick to the road. It was old, apparently not many people walk there, not anymore at least. After few minutes of constant walk, he did see some strange looking person. He, maybe she, has been wearing a long coat with a hood. When Robert noticed strange person, he did hide behind the tree. Person didn't notice him, and looked in the north, direction where Robert headed. Person was holding something in right hand. Robert tried to remain silent, in fact he was really silent. The person therefore, told in rather weird accent: "I know you are here, there is nothing to fear. World is huge place, you my dear, you will never know who you meet on your lifetime long travel. You see, I know what they did want you to do, the "flower" is located in the northern part of forest. Beware, there is group of people ready to kill for it. You should be careful roaming these parts of swamps. 

-Wait, who are you? - Robert did yell at mysterious figure. - Tell me! - He did yell again.
-Time will come, so you will understand.

Robert started to slowly walk in the direction of the person.

-From where do you know me? What is the reason you tell me this? 
-You know, sometimes things are not what they appear at first time.

Mysterious person hang something on the tree and started to walk forward.