4. Arrivals, meetings and news

Leia's POV:
Padmé has woken me up pretty soon. Not that I sleep all day long, but getting up at 8:00 am in a sunday isn't the best thing in the world. I've been a month with her, and by now we are really good friends.
"Come on, Luce!" She shouts after we finish breakfast and when I'm getting dressed. "We gotta get going! Anakin will be arriving less than an hour!"
I am excited about meeting my father, of course, but I feel like my 'actual me' is staying right there, next to Luke, inside Padmé's tummy. Let's just say that I have the feeling that it's going to be awkward.
"You sure I have to go, Mé?" I ask, still not too convinced. "I mean, he's going to be waiting for you, and I think I would be interrumpting this lovely reunion"
Padmé raises her shoulders.
"I don't know... You know, Luce, I'm really happy that Ani is home again, but I'm a bit scared..."
"Of his reaction?" I end the sentence. "You're being overdramatic. Anakin will be incredibly pleased by the wonderful news you've got" I assure her. I just hope I'm right.
Still, my mission here is obvious. I need to find out what made my father turn into Darth Vader and stop it. And I think Padmé will be happy to help.
"Please, Luce, come with me..." she begs me.
I sigh and nod.
"Okay, but I'll start to talk with Bail Organa when you guys meet, okay?" Padmé nods in agreement, so I smile. I remember something so mv eyes grow bigger "Oh, and remember to tell him that I live here... and that I'm helping you in the Senate and in your pregnancy"
Padmé smiles.
"Yeah, I've got it under control. I know all the things I must tell him"

~¤~

When we reach the landing platform, I get to see Da... Bail Organa (damn it, I can't help it sometimes) and other politicians that I feel that I've seen before. And then, two figures come out and start walking to us. I recognise one immediately. Father. I can't believe I'm seeing him so happy, so pure, so empty of pain and suffering. It's so unbelievable that I feel my eyes getting watery. That moment of pure joy breaks in a second, because of the other figure. I don't remember seeing him, but he's surrounded by such darkness that my heart shrinks.
I stay there, silently watching Father and this other guy (who I think is Chancellor Palpatine). They start talking with the politicians and the Jedi that are there.
Anakin turns to where Padmé's figure is standing. I smile softly. She must be so nervous.

Anakin's POV:

I see Padmé's sillhouete standing next to one of the columns. I run to her, happy to see my wife again.
I hug her and she passes her hands through my hair.
"Oh, Ani, I've missed you" she whispers.
I smile.
"I feel like we've been apart a lifetime, and it would have if Chancellor Palpatine wouldn't have been kidnapped." I tell her.
I lean over to kiss her but she looks away.
"Not here"
"Yes, here" I say "I'm tired of all of this deception, I don't care if they know we're married..."
"Anakin! Don't say such things" She tells me.
We're still hugging, and then is when I realize my wife is shaking.
"You're trembling. Something wrong?" I ask, a bit worried.
I feel she breathes deeply, like trying to calm down.
"Something wonderful has happened" she says, her voice low. I look at her without understanding "Ani... I'm pregnant"
My wife last words echo in my head. Ani... I'm pregnant. Pregnant. Pregnant. I'm scared, but I know she's even more scared than I am. She needs to know I'm going to be supporting her.
"Well... well, that's... wonderful" I smile. Padmé's carrying a baby. Our baby. I hope it's a girl, and I hope she's as beautiful as her mother.
"What are we going to do?" She asks, with fear still living in her beautiful hazel eyes.
I smile warmly.
"We aren't going to worry about that now, alright? This is a happy moment. The happiest moment of my life"
And it is true. It is the happiest moment of my life.
"Ani" Padmé whispers. I look at her, so she continues "I... well, I've got a friend, Luce, who's been helping me in the Senate and with the pregnancy for a month or so..."
I nod.
"That's great, Padmé. Where is she staying?"
She sighs.
"That's the thing, Ani. She's staying at home. I hope you don't mind. And, I may have told her about us" she admits. She sees my face, so she adds: "But she won't tell anyone. She can be trusted"
I wouldn't mind to argue, but she's the pregnant one... So, I guess giving this Luce girl a chance won't be bad.
I tell my wife that, and, suddenly, she's so happy that I want to laugh as well.
Padmé stares at a girl who's talking with Bail Organa. The girl looks up at us, and Padmé waves a hand. The girl comes quickly after saying goodbye to Senator Organa.
"Anakin, this is Luce" Padmé smiles.
I look at both of them. They look a bit like each other. Anyone could say they are, if not sisters, family sure.
"Hi, Anakin" Luce smiles. "It's a pleasure to meet you"
She looks at me with interest in her dark eyes, identical to Padmé's. With a deep interest.
I smile as well.
"The pleasure is all mine, Luce"