Untitled Part 1

Akuma attacks during the night were rare but they tended to be more dangerous. Chat Noir wasn't sure what it was exactly, but there was something about the combination of the eerie darkness and ghostly pale moon that turned their usual crowd of villains into bloodthirsty monsters that were willing to kill in order to get their hands on the ever famous red ladybug earrings and black cat ring.

Tonight had been no exception. It had been tough taking down Hawk moth's latest victim, but as usual Ladybug had used her lucky charm to come up with a brilliant plan to capture their foe. Amongst all the chaos, Chat had lost sight of his partner, but within seconds the akuma was gone and all that remained was a very confused woman who had no idea what she was doing in the middle of Paris at midnight.

The job was done, and he waited on the roof of a nearby building, waiting patiently for his Lady to arrive. These little moments after the akuma attacks were always his favorites. The two of them would usually just sit and talk about the latest villain they had beaten, or just rest and enjoy the view of the city. He cherished those few minutes that he and Ladybug spent together before their transformation wore off.

From behind him, he heard the heavy thud of feet landing on the concrete roof, and he grinned. "It's about time you joined me, my lady. I was getting lonely without you. "

Nothing. The air filled with uncomfortable silence and Chat frowned. It wasn't like Ladybug to be so quiet, and it definitely wasn't like her to ignore his flirting.

"My Lady?" Chat turned around to face his partner and his trademark grin instantly vanished as soon as he saw the sight that greeted him.

Ladybug was slumped against the wall, breathing heavily, her hand clutching her chest upon where a large red spot was blooming rapidly. "I-I'm...fine..." She managed to choke out as she gritted her teeth in pain and slowly slid down the wall to a sitting position.

In an instant Chat was besides her, his hands gravitating towards the wound and gently pressing up against it to slow down the flow of blood. His green eyes flooded with worry and he was surprised to find himself blinking back tears. He hated seeing his Ladybug be in such great pain. "You're not fine, Ladybug." He told her in a soothing voice in an attempt to hide his fear and worry.

Ladybug rolled her eyes and tried to pry his hands off. "It's just a little scratch, kitty." She insisted, her voice cracking in the middle of the sentence. She placed her hands on the cold concrete ground and slowly pushed herself up. The pain was unbearable, it was as if her body was on fire. She gave Chat a weak smile and a thumbs up. "See, I'm fine."

Chat shook his head furiously. "Ladybug, you should rest, let me look at that wound for you." He tried to move closer to her was stopped by a small beeping sound.

Ladybug heard it too, it was her earrings. All the spots were gone and the transformation would wear off any minute. She grimaced slightly at the unexpected new development, but she knew she had no choice. No matter have much pain she was in, she had to get out of there before she turned back to Marinette. She couldn't let Chat see her. "I should get going now."

"Ladybug, no!" His voice was firm and the worry in his eyes was replaced was astonishment. His arm shot out forward and grabbed her shoulder. "I can't let you leave, not when you're like this!"

Ladybug shook his arm off and winced at the pain that small action caused her. The wound had stopped bleeding, and the fiery pain had been replaced with a dull numbing pain that was beginning to spread throughout all her body. "I need to go." She explained hastily as she tried not to panic. She could hear Tikki telling her that she couldn't hold on anymore, that she only had seconds before it wore off.