•5•

Continues from Last Chapter
Meek's POV

     I looked in her eyes, waiting for a response. I knew I shouldn't have told her anyway. She stared at me. I knew it went against her innocence. "I'll leave." I said. She didn't protest against it. I sighed. I grabbed my keys.

     I was about to walk out her room. "No! Wait." She said. "Just... Just wait." She said. I leaned on her door frame. "Why-...." She sighed. "Why do you do it?" She asked. "Because it's what I'm good at." I said. She ran her hands through her hair. "So that's how you afford these fancy restaurants you like?" She asked. I nodded. "Don't you want to do something with your life?" She asked.

     "This is my something. I don't have to be smart to make it in this world." I said, a little hurt by her asking me that question. "You don't have to be a criminal to make it in this world either." She said. I sighed. "I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you tell me what I have to do with my life." I said. "I'm not telling you, I'm just trying to figure you out." She said. I huffed a laugh to myself. "Yeah, okay. Goodbye Nic." I said.

I walked out of her room and I heard her following me. She grabbed my arm. "What?" I asked turning around. She kissed me.

Nicki's POV

What am I doing! I keep acting off of my heart and not my head. I know this is wrong and I shouldn't be messing with him, but I'm kissing him. The complete opposite of what I wanted to do. I pulled away. I looked in his eyes, searching for an answer. He put his keys down on the counter.

     "Make up your mind Nicki. You still fucking with me or not?" He asked. I sighed. It goes against what I believe in. My life would be filled with sin of I put myself into his life. But, he makes me feel a type of way I've never felt before. Temptation is a bitch.

     "Call me tomorrow." He said. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. He grabbed his keys and left. I went into Candi's room, keeping myself together. "I heard everything Annabelle. Come here." She said. Tears started to form in my eyes "I don't know what to do." I said. "I want him in m-my life but it goes against everything." I said. "Shh, I know. Calm down." She said.  I eventually fell asleep.

**********

     "Lord, God forgive me of my sins. Guide me in the right path. Give me the courage to change the things that I can and the braveness to except the things I cannot change. Give me the wisdom to know the difference between the two. Lord, God lead me in the way I should go and help me chose the right decisions. Let your will be done, Lord. Amen."

     I opened my eyes and looked at my phone. It was on Rihmeek's number. It was about 4:15 and I had come from school about 3 hours ago. I had to avoid Na today. I gathered enough courage to press the call button. I took a deep breath before he answered.

     "Hey." He said. "Hi." I replied. Did you make up your mind? Because I don't have time to waste on you if you not gon' try with me." He said. I closed my eyes. "I'm coming over at 5. I need to see you in person." I said. "Aight, Nic. The door is open." He said. "Okay. Bye." I said. "Bye "

I got up and went into my drawer. I put on my adidas shirt with my adidas joggers and my Black and Purple Jordans. I grabbed my YMCMB cap and put it on. I went downstairs with my phone and keys. "Thembi and Candi! I'm gone!" I yelled through the house.

     I remembered the directions that Na gave me the first time I went to his house. I pulled up in his driveway and got out of my car. I walked up to his door and knocked on it. Na answered it. "Hey Nicki. I didn't see you at school today." She said. "Yeah, I was sick. Can I talk to your brother for a second?" I asked. "Why do you want to talk to my brother?" She asked. "Its important." I said. "You either tell me why or I'm not letting you in." She said. "Na! Let her in!" Meek yelled. She smacked her teeth. "I didn't mean to come off as rude." I said to Na.