Top Hat

Tophat

Zibhtin had been observing them for awhile now. The blue and green planet had flourished since the last time his race had visited. The creatures living there had changed overtime and grown intelligent, even with their blithe nature and transient lives, they had acquired the ability to retain knowledge. However, they still lacked the civility his own people had possessed when they were still this young. These animals referred to themselves as "humans", and it was finally time to visit them again.
He had been there the previous time his kind had visited the terrestrial body the humans called "Earth". It was utter chaos. The foreign species had a fear of things different from their own kind, a fear of what they were unable to comprehend. They had called his race monsters. Aliens. Extraterrestrials. They had tried killing them off, leaving few to return home from what was supposed to be a peace keeping mission. So, this time, Zibhtin would stay out of sight.
He moved through the streets of a bustling civilization which he knew to be called "London". He watched with interest as the humans moved through the city, around him in loud obnoxious machines drawn by large four legged beasts. He watched as they spoke, sang, lived. The humans had always provided a source of intrigue for the ancient being. He was fascinated with their ways, their culture being completely different than his own.
It took several passings of stars before Zibhtin saw the small creature making its way through the street. The beast in question was brown and black and had pieces of its hairy outer protection missing entirely. The thing moved on four legs, and it seemed to be propelling itself at hyper speed. In its mouth was a large, solid black tube with a matching black plate of some kind at the base. The contraption was hollow, and Zibhtin could not even begin to fathom what the true purpose of it was, other than a form of protective gear which the creatures around him wore atop their Upper-Frontal Domes.
He observed as a solitary human approached the beast, his demeanor rather unpleasant. The animal looked at him for a moment, regarding the human with curiosity before trotting away. This only seemed to agitate the human further, and he began to chase after the creature as it moved through the streets, smartly dodging the oncoming passersby. The sight before him piqued Zibhtin's interest, so he followed the strange pair.
He watched as the man continued chasing the creature, until he had finally lost it behind a mass of large stone and metal. Zibhtin followed the beast, remaining unseen by the human before him, ignoring his strange attempts at successful communication. The splotched creature was discovered behind a large metal box, the strange mechanism in its mouth now sporting small holes-most likely from its sharp incisors-as well as a strange type of liquid which had come from the animal's large orifice.
The beast stood as Zibhtin approached it, presenting the object to him. The creature had a weird Blade-like bodily projection moving back and forth behind it which only gained speed as the ancient being inched closer. Zibhtin took the offered item, the beast's bodily secretion rubbing onto his hands as the beast made a strange sound, similar to that of the call of the few Earcolls he had kept as pets when he was a youngling, before walking off. Zibhtin watched it, studying it until it was out of sight; he then turned his attention back to the device held captive within his long, grey digits.
He looked around, noting that the humans wore this contraption plate side down. So, curious about the effect it may have on him, Zibhtin slowly reached up and placed the strange machine on his own Upper-Frontal Dome.