Chapter 7

You were alive. The wreck had seemed so vivid and real, you had forgotten you had been living in a dream. You could still feel the sensation of flying through a window, and rolling down the embankment, feeling your bones crush as you hit tree trunks and boulders.

Instead of the searing pain, you now felt a dull, almost lethargic pain through your entire body, as if someone had drained your body of its energy source.

Your eyes were closed, and it took many tries before you were finally able to open them. You expected to be back at the warehouse, hanging by your arms. What you saw surprised you. You were in a run down, older motel, the type the Winchesters always stayed in. You were laying on one of the double beds, a thin blanket thrown over you.

Wincing, you turned your head, trying to get a glimpse of the rest of the room. The bed next to you was occupied, the covers all wrinkled as a body laid on top of them. Dean was laying on his back, his arm outstretched towards your bed. His chin was covered in stubble, and there was an empty whiskey bottle on the nightstand.

Wondering how long you had been in dream land, you try to sit up, moaning at how sore you were. The moan woke Dean up, who sat straight up, rubbing his forehead with his hand.

"Dean?" You croaked, your throat parched from lack of use. His green eyes finally turned your way, and grew as big as saucers as he realized you were finally awake.

"Y/N? Oh my god, finally!! Do you have any idea how worried I've been?" Dean exclaimed, climbing out of his bed, and joining you on yours. "How do you feel?"

He helped you sit against the headboard before you answered, "Sore, and tired. How long?"

Dean grabbed a bottle of water from the nightstand, helping you take a few sips. The water was like liquid gold, it tasted so good sliding down your throat.

"Two weeks. I was starting to think I would have a permanent sleeping beauty on my hands." Dean replied.

Two weeks. What had seemed like days in your dream had turned into weeks in real life.

Dean glanced down, but not before you caught the sorrow in his eyes. "Do you want to talk about it? I know how much those dreams can mess with a person."

You shook your head, forcing yourself to stand. "What I really want is a shower."

Dean supported you as you made your way into the bathroom. "How about we skip the shower, and go for a bath? You have been comatose for two weeks." Dean suggested.

Knowing it was a smart idea, you sat on the toilet as Dean filled up the bathtub. You felt bad for Dean, he had lost his brother, than almost his best friend in a span of two months. Guilt crept in, guilt for staying in your perfect world, leaving Dean to suffer on his own.

As he shut the water off, you whispered, "Dean I'm sorry."

He heard you, and crouched down on his haunches, so his forest green eyes were level with your e/c ones. He gently cupped your cheek, and you leaned into it, grateful for the contact.

"Don't apologize. I miss him just as much as you do, and I know how hard it is to leave that perfect life behind. But you did, and I'm proud of you for that."

Tears started falling freely from your eyes as he talked. "But Dean, I didn't want to leave. It was so perfect, Sam was there, we were married, you were engaged. Even your parents were there."

Dean let you talk, but with a confused look on his face. "But wait, if you didn't want to leave, then how are you here?"

"There was a car wreck, and I was hurt too badly, I wouldn't have survived." You murmured through your tears.

"Shh, princess, it's okay. Let's get you cleaned up, you'll feel much better after." Dean comforted you, and limply you complied. Dean pulled your tshirt off, keeping his eyes modestly above. He then slid your pants down, leaving you in your underwear. "Can you do the rest?" He asked, and you nodded, tears still falling.

He left, quietly shutting the door behind him, and you undressed the rest of the way, and slid into the warm water.

Time passed, and you sat there, letting the water soothe your aches and pains. Finally, you were able to bring yourself to clean your hair, and face. Feeling a little bit normal once again, you climbed out of the tub, standing on wobbly knees. Sometime during the bath, Dean had placed some new clothes for you on the counter, including one of his shirts.

Pulling it on, you inhale Dean's unique sent, a mixture of leather, gunpowder and an unnamed musk that was uniquely Dean. Comforted, you walked out to the main room, your stomach growling at the smell of food. Dean was sitting at the table, beers and burgers laid out in front of him.

"I figured you would be hungry." He said, gesturing to the food. Silently you sat across from him, digging into the burger. It tasted wonderful. The two of you sat there, eating in comfortable silence, and you realized how much you had missed this Dean. Yes the other Dean was sweet and light hearted, but this Dean, had more depth and caring to him, and that made him who he was.

After dinner, you climbed back into bed, exhausted from your short jaunt out of bed. Dean turned the tv on, and moved to climb into his own bed.

"Dean," You started, "Can you come sit with me? Please?"

"Sure thing princess." He answered, sliding in next to you and wrapping an arm around your shoulder. Resting your head against his chest, you tried to let the movie take you away. However, it didn't work, and you found yourself fiddling with the buttons on Dean's shirt.

"I was pregnant. In my dream, I was pregnant with Sam's baby, and we were so happy." You said quietly, not looking up into Dean's eyes.

He didn't say anything at first, instead he ran his fingers lightly through your hair, letting you know he was listening.

"I know it's stupid, and it was just a dream, but it felt so real, he felt so real. In a way, I wish I could go back."

Dean tilted your face so he could see your eyes, his filled with tears. "I'm sorry, it probably feels like you've lost him all over again. And a baby too. Wow, I would have liked to seen that. I know it will take a while, but I will be here for you, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to talk to, anything. Just know that I care for you very much princess."

You could see in Dean's eyes that he was telling the truth. "I care for you too Dean." You answered.

Dean pulled away, and stood up, running his hands through his hair in frustration. "I know I shouldn't even say anything, hell it's just like you lost Sam all over again. But I don't want to hold back my feelings any more, especially since I almost lost you."

"Dean what are you talking about?" You asked, a little confused.

He turned to face you, and you had your answer shining in his eyes. "I love you, I've always loved you. I just kept my feelings to myself, because I wanted my brother to be happy. And I know you're probably not ready for another relationship, but I just wanted you to know my feelings. And to know, I will wait, hopefully patient, while your heart is healed enough to hopefully love me back."

You were shocked, but pleasantly surprised. "Dean I'm flattered, truly I am. And as long as we go slow, I think I'm ready to take that next step with you."

Seeing the smile that filled Dean's face, you knew you had made the right choice. Sam would always be your first love, but Dean had always had a special part of your heart, and you knew you could soon grow to love him as well.