Chapter 1

A/N: I forgot who made the cover, but whoever did, thank you very much! :) Enjoy!

I placed the little picture frame I was holding back on my bedside table. It was a photo of me when I first got my halo over a year ago. 

That's right, my name is Niall Horan and I'm an angel.

Just in case you're wondering, I was born an angel. I haven't heard of any humans turning into angels after death. Maybe they do, maybe they don't but I don’t really know because we have other angels to take care of those things. As of now, my job is to take care of this human boy named Liam.

I'm really glad that I got assigned to him. Liam's a really nice guy and if I was human, I would definitely want to be friends with him. He's genuinely nice to everyone and everyone is nice to him. I don't see why he needs an angel when I bet he's one in disguise but I'm not complaining.

A hear a little bell tinkling and I know that Liam needs me.

You see, each angel is assigned to their own human for their entire human lives and whenever a little bell tinkles inside our heads, it means that our special humans need us to guide them to the right path or something like that.

I immediately stretched my wings and exit through the insanely large window from my room. I fly around the clouds for a bit before remembering my task and flying straight down to Liam's school where he needs me.

I arrive by his side in a second and see that he's talking to a bunch of people from the football team.

"C'mon Liam, a lil' drink won't hurt you" one of them laughed and placed his hand on Liam's shoulder.

Liam winced a little bit but he continued smiling. "Nahh, I have to study for finals"

"Liam! Come on! You're in high school, it doesn't hurt to let loose for a bit" another one said.

I can hear Liam’s thoughts in his head and he's actually thinking about going with them but he's also thinking of bringing a friend with him. I shook my head and tsked.

"No Liam" I whispered softly, "you have to study badly" Liam can't really see or hear or feel me but my words process in his thoughts as his voice. I can tell that Liam was about to say no when another voice whispered.

"Do it Liam"

I gulped and looked around. I can't see any devil around me, probably because they can magically make themselves disappear.

"Like what those cool guys said, it won't hurt to have a little bit of fun" the voice continued and I gulped nervously again. Why would Liam even have a devil? He's a nice young lad that doesn't need bad influences in his life. 

"No Liam" I said sternly. "Just say no one last time and they won't bug you anymore"

"Say yes Liam"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Alright" Liam shrugged. "But I’ll bring Andy along with me so I'll have someone to accompany me"

I can hear the other voice laughing and I clenched my jaw. Oh well, I guess I have to take care of Liam tonight, not that I mind or anything but then clubs are the places of most devils.

The football guys cheered and I rolled my eyes. I watched as Liam walked away, debating whether or not I should follow him. But then the same evil voice spoke.

"You lose angel"

"So?" I shrugged, still looking around and still not being able to see the devil. The devil just laughed and suddenly, specks of black dust start to form right in front of me, slowly creating a human look-alike except that this "human" has a red tail and red wings and red horns.