Clearly Wyatt was crooked along with his crew; they needed to go. Why were the others in the town not outraged and suspicious of Wyatt? Were they that afraid of outside these walls that they would put up with a murderer and corrupt leadership?

"What do you think we should do with this information?" I asked John.

"There's no police to go runnin' to, so I say don't do anythin' rash. We need more proof first."

"Aside from catching whoever it is in the act, how are we going to do that?"

"Killers tend to keep goin' 'till they're caught. Chances are, they'll be doin' it again."

"And this helps us how?" I asked, very concerned with John's point.

"We can form some kind of watch."

"That's going to be hard with just the few of us. Plus, what if someone from Hargrove sees us?"

John readjusted his hat, "I honestly don't know what to do, Bailey. Other than leavin' this place."

It was a tough call, but I think that was our only option. The question was, would they let us leave?

The memorial wound down and we all headed back to our condos with the promise that a nightly street patrol would start tonight. Roy made sure to ask Zoe to watch over Amanda tomorrow while we were gone.

"Get some sleep, it's going to be a long day tomorrow," Roy said as we each retired to our bedrooms.

I tried to fall asleep, but ended up tossing and turning for most of the night. Nowhere was safe. Maybe I should just pack up a car and try to head back home. It would be a long journey, but worth it if I got to see my family again. What if they were gone? What would I do with myself then? What about my new "family"? I was floundering again.

My eyes had a hard time opening when morning came. Roy had to knock on my door to wake me up.

"I made some instant coffee," he yelled through the door.

My body begged me to roll over and get back to sleep, but grudgingly I got myself out from under the covers. After a quick shower and two cups of coffee, our group was standing around the Mazda. Roy had packed food and the trucker radio and I made him bring my old handgun. John had borrowed an assault rifle and extra ammo for our trip. I made sure my Beretta was fully loaded along with the extra magazine, and that I had my trusty axe in the back. Roy was hugging his daughter goodbye, clearly reluctant to leave her.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" Ethan asked.

John was currently holding our old map, "We should be back by the end of the day."

"You sure you don't need another body?" Darren asked again.

"No, three will be enough, son," John said. "We need all the room we can get."

"Roy did say they have a big truck and an airport shuttle van for transport," I mentioned.

"They did when you left 'em, who knows now."

"Then what's the difference of one person? I can go instead of Roy," Darren hefted his thumb at the sad goodbye scene.

"Roy needs to go," I blurted out. Crap.

"Why?" Darren asked suspiciously.

"I know the way," Roy said before I could further insert my foot into my mouth.

Darren huffed, but didn't press it any further. He knew how directionally challenged I was.

"Alright, daylight is burin' folks, let's go." John held his hands out for the keys.