For your own good

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. It was my mom. Why would she want to call me now? Forget it, I'm not answering. I ended the call and went downstairs for cereal. After I finished breakfast, I went in the bathroom to wash my face.

I was shocked at what I saw in the mirror. There were dark circles under my eyes, my cheeks had sunken in, and I was a skeleton in my pajamas. I looked like a maniac. I didn't see the eyes I saw on my brother's face. The eyes I saw were dark and tired of holding secrets, tired of being heartbroken.

I snapped out of my trance and splashed water on my face. I walked out and heard my phone ring again, but I ignored it. There is nothing she can say to fix this. Before I walked away I caught a glance my phone. One of the texts from my mom read, "I didn't mean to do this, it was for your own good. I'm so sorry, mom fils."

What did she mean, "for my own good"? What did she do? My mom called me again right at that moment. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said, confused. I heard sobbing on the other line.

"Larry, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking correctly when I got home. They're coming, I'm so sorry, it's for your own good." She kept crying, and I couldn't comprehend what was going on.

"Mama, what do you mean by "them"? What's going on?" I heard a knock on my door, but ignored it, and tried to get my mom to tell me what was going on. She didn't answer and she just kept crying.

"I'm sorry," she finally chocked out. " I didn't mean to do it." At that moment I heard someone knock my door down.