Chapter 2

Thanks for the comments and votes! Hehe here's the next one!

Hermione woke to the sound of her name being shouted repeatedly. She blinked, and through blurred vision saw a crowd of people gathered around her. Her shoulders were being shaken violently by Ginny.

"Get up, Hermione, get up!" Ginny was frantic, and her voice was filled with worry. There were tears coming out of her eyes, which made Hermione wide awake in seconds.

"Gin-Ginny? What happened?" She rubbed her eyes and tried to sit up, but realized that she couldn't. Her head was throbbing, and it smelled putrid - like blood. She couldn't even move her head without feeling a sharp pain in her right temple.

"I can't move," she moaned, and groaned in defeat. "What's wrong with me?"

Madam Pomfrey burst through the door. She hurriedly moved everyone to the side, and sat down in a chair that Luna pulled up for her next to Hermione's bed.

"How are you feeling, dear?" she asked hastily. Hermione clenched her teeth and shut her eyes tight as another pang went through head. "Not so good. What happened?" She couldn't get herself to remember any events that had taken place the day before.

"You've been bleeding through the head all night. You've lost a lot of blood, dear. Do you know your name?"

"Hermione...Granger," she gasped, and clutched her head.

"What year?"

"Sixth."

"How many periods can you take this year?"

"Ten..."

"How many classes are you taking?"

"Sixteen, I know that."

"Your parents - ?"

"Are dentists."

"What happened yesterday? How did you get a near hole in your temple? The only way that could have happened is if either a dementor attacked you, or if you were hit by a magically cursed rock."

Hermione tensed and tried her hardest to remember what had happened the day before. But all she got was bright colors and dizzying light in her head. "I don't know. I don't know anything - I don't remember."

Madam Pomfrey frowned and wrote something on a clipboard. Then she shooed all the surrounding girls away, took a long needle out of her bag, and brought it close to Hermione's cold, sweaty skin.

Hermione blacked out.

!&!&!

Hermione woke to the sound of her name being shouted repeatedly. She blinked, and through blurred vision saw a crowd of people gathered around her. Her shoulders were being shaken violently by...Draco Malfoy?

"Get up, Hermione, get up!" Malfoy was speaking quickly, and his voice was filled with worry. His eyebrows were creased and his mouth was set in a straight line, which made Hermione wide awake in seconds. His hard, silver eyes flashed with rage. "I'll kill whoever did this."

"Draco? What are you doing here in the girls' dormitory? What happened?" She rubbed her eyes and tried to sit up, but realized that she couldn't. Her head was throbbing, and it smelled putrid - like blood. She couldn't even move her head without feeling a sharp pain in her right temple.

"I can't move," she moaned, and groaned in defeat. "What's wrong with me?"

He simply told her, "Open your eyes."

"Wait...what? My eyes are open."

"Open your eyes! Trust me, just do it! Open them!"

Confused, Hermione blinked -

!&!&!

"Draco?" She was bewildered. She turned her head, ready to see soft white-blonde hair and an angular face but all she could see was a grinning face and shiny ginger hair.

"Draco?" Ron repeated, his mouth hanging open. "What is this? You're dreaming about our enemy and...calling him by his FIRST NAME?"

"No, no, no, NO," Hermione lied, shaking her head as much as she possibly could. She noticed that she was lying in the infirmary, but she was the only injured person in the room. A bandage was wrapped around her head and there was a glass of water on the table next to her. "I hate him, so I was having a dream...about...him. Being rude. To me. You know?" She bit her lip and tried to think of something more convincing.

But what she'd managed to stutter was enough. "I see," Ron said, shrugging. "Don't worry about that little old wretch," he assured her. "If he ever tries to get to you again, I'm going to beat him up."

"Ron?" Hermione's voice was thin and wavering. "What happened yesterday?"

"You don't remember?" he said in surprise. "Your little quarrel?"

Hermione froze, her eyes wide open. In a moment, every single event of the day before appeared in front of her, clear as day, and hit her like a ton of rocks. The horrendous argument with Draco Malfoy, crying bitterly in the girls' bathroom, the Three Broomsticks, and then...

"That's how I lost so much blood," she whispered in shock. Ron raised an eyebrow, obviously not able to hear her epiphany. "What's that?"

"Nothing," she stammered, shaking her head. "It's nothing important."

So it was the man in her dreams that had hurt her so badly. She felt anger and hatred sear through her skin. She would get revenge.

So clicking the vote button would make me a very happy girl. :) Thanks for reading!