I Hate Him, He Craves Me, I Want Him, He Needs Me. Vampires Are SO Clingy! 7

A plate of Alfredo pasta and chicken was slid in front of me. I lost my appetite all of a sudden. I had been counting on some sort of pity from the servants, hoping they would let me go. But now I knew they weren’t human, that idea was out the window.

“What are they?” I swirled some pasta onto my fork and ate, trying to look stoic.

“It varies. The majority of them are Brownies.”

“Brownies? As is chocolate?” I asked, trying to sound curious. I knew what sprites were. I needed him to think I was stupid.

“Sprites as in fairies. There are many different types of fairies, you see. There are the Fey, which are at the top, most of the Fey are royals. Then come the Merpeople, Deva, Pixies, Sprites, Gnomes, and then the Dark Fey.” He spoke so casually about these creatures, which I had been told, to believe were fake.

“Dark Fey?” I asked.

“Yes. They are made of trolls, ogres and goblins….”

“So do all the others you mentions follow the royal Fey?”

“No. Well, sort of. The Merpeople are their own kingdom, they, in a way, are more powerful then the Fey. The Deva follow no one, they are their own and untouchable. But in the Fairy world, no one fights. They all live in peace. The only ones who fight are the Dark Fey.”

“So who runs the Dark Fey?” I had finished half my plate by now. Bri was sitting in Tad’s lap, and Cole was sitting across from me.

“Someone evil.” He clenched his jaw and turned away. “Is it a vampire?” I asked. Cole turned to me, his face void of emotion. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Understand?” he threw the dirty dishes into the sink and disappeared. Tad was gone as well, leaving me with Bri.

“He gets touchy often.” Bri said, sitting next to me.

“Hadn’t noticed.” I stood and started back to my room when Bri grabbed my arm.

“Sam. I love you. You are my best friend and I hope one day you can forgive me.”

“Not any day soon. Once I escape this place, I never want to see you again.”

“You’re still on that?!?! You aren’t escaping anytime soon!!! It’s impossible.”

“A couple of locked doors and guards aren’t going to stop me.”

“Okay, well maybe the fact that we aren’t on Earth will.”

I turned to face her fully and my eyes widened.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that we are in another realm, On Earth, but you can’t get to the human realm without someone immortal Sam. It’s not going to happen.

This changed everything. I wasn’t event technically on Earth anymore. How would I get home?

“This wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for you!” I ran to Bri and pushed her against the wall.

“You stupid Bitch I hate you!” I smacked her hard and she started crying Tad’s name. In an instant my arms were pinned behind my back and Tad had Bri in her arms.

“No don’t hurt her, she has every right to be angry with me.” Brianna had tears rolling from her eyes. I felt my own swell. I didn’t want to cry. “Let me go.” I said calmly to Cole. “Never.” He whispered in my ear. I closed my eyes for a second and we were in another room. This was the most luxurious, by far.

It was huge. The walls were covered in Victorian wallpaper. The bed looked bigger than a king, and inviting. I could tell this was Cole’s room.

“Why did you bring me here?”