Hunted

*** Dedicated to HolyShat because he actually wanted me to write more.

SOMEBODY'S going to die. It's obvious and this is how it's gonna happen: 

It was cold as he wandered the dark streets, the rain chilling his bones as it soaked through his thin clothes.  Shrugging off the cold he continued down the seemingly abandoned street.  He could sense that there was someone behind him, following him as he ducked into a small alley.  He broke into a run as he turned the corner, determined to loose his stalker.  He could feel his heart racing as he pushed himself faster down the dark path before him.  His legs and lungs began to burn as he continued to push himself faster and deeper into the night. 

As he turned into another alley he was sure that he had lost his pursuer.   His legs shook as he gasped for breath until he eventually fell against the brick wall, leaning against it in order to remain standing.  It wasn’t until he glanced down the alley that he noticed the shadowy figure watching him.  His eyes widened in shock as the figure slowly glided towards him.  Suddenly forgetting how tired he was he turned away from the shadow before him and started to run, adrenalin coursed through him and he could feel the power of his fear strengthening his aching muscles.  His determination grew as he neared the end of the alley, but so did his terror. For some reason he knew that the man chasing him was dangerous, that if he stopped again he would get caught and if that happened he would die. 

The thought of dying sent renewed fear through him; so intense was this absolute fear that his head began to spin.  He found himself stumbling on the even pavement and crashing down to his knees, a cracking sound followed his sudden descent and he couldn’t help but cry out in pain.  Keeling over he grabbed at the ground and watched as a shadow fell over him and darkened the black before him.  His whimpers were abruptly silenced as an agonizing pain erupted from his chest.  Clutching the hole in his heart he exhaled a shaky and final breath. 

Closing his eyes against the intense pain and surrendering to the welcoming dark he fell forward onto the red pavement, he focused on the crimson pool and watched as the white petals floated in his blood.  He could not move anymore and the darkness welcomed his lifeless body with open arms. 

The shadowy figure watched in silence as the dead man’s blood mixed with the rain. Turning on his heel and striding down the cold alley he disappeared into the darkness.  

------------------------------------------------------------------***----------------------------------------------------------------------

                         NEXT chapter, do you want to know WHY this happened?

                        OR would you rather know what's going to happen next?

VOTE!

FAN!

COMMENT!

AND tell me, do you want to know more about the hunter or the hunted?