Chip Switch

A/N: Sooooooo sorry. I know I've been on hiatus bc of excuses excuses. Here you go and I hope to have the next chapter up by next week. I promise. Anyway I hope you like it and see if you can spot the Orange is the New Black reference.

Chapter 10

Chase and I haven't really spoken since we kissed. It's too confusing to figure out if the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa. Luckily cheerleading practice has been allowing me to discreetly avoid Chase.

Pro: I like him, a lot and he likes me back. Con: my parents would disown me. I could go on like this for hours. I have too if a class gets particularly boring.

Finally Chase and I run into each other but since Adam and Bree are around we both know we shouldn't talk about this until we're both alone.

That's when Principal Perry starts speaking interrupting a weird story Adam was telling about a pineapple and a pine cone.

"Listen up, space-fillers. This is emergency preparedness week. An emergency drill can happen at any time. So when the alarm sounds, you must evacuate the building in an orderly fashion. Like cattle. If cattle had braces, and acne, and a future filling up my gas tank." She sneers in her usual mean way.

The crowd disperses along with Principal Perry. "Oh man, I wish I had Bree's super speed. You do not want to be stuck walking behind cows in an emergency. Trust me on that." Adam says and I don't want to know the story.

Chase scoffs, "You'd trade your super strength for Bree's super speed? If I had your strength, I'd just run out of the building juggling those cows."

"Yeah, and if I had your super smarts, I'd have walked away from this conversation thirty seconds ago." says Bree. She takes my arm and just as we were about to make an exit. Leo cuts us off.

"Hey, you know what would be awesome? If you guys took out your bionic chips and switched your abilities." Leo says. Somehow I know this will not end well.

"Why can't we?" Bree asks. "I call your super smarts."

"I call your super speed." Adam says.

"I call your super strength." Chase says.

"I call good looks and charisma. Too late, already got them." Leo says confidently.

"Should've called sanity." I say in a sing-songy voice as Bree leads me away.

The next day I head over to them to see if it worked. In order to prove it did, Bree checked all my homework and fixed any mistakes. Adam got me a juice within two seconds. And Chase picks me up with one hand and lifts me above his head.

"This is fun and not that I don't trust you but can you please put me down." I say. He apologizes and drops me into his arms. I grab onto his neck and we share a look before he gently sets me down on the ground. The look says it all. How we both like being in each other's arms.

That's when the bells rings for class. I head off kind of liking Chase's strength. Now I don't like him because of his bionics but it felt nice to be wrapped in the safety and warmth of his arms.

While walking to my next class the emergency drill starts as I pass the new elevator. I see Leo's inside so I step in the door and tell him to leave. That elevator is a terrible place to be right now. Of course he ignores me and says, "Oh, Perry." He drags me in and starts pressing buttons. I grab onto the railing for dear life.

She stops the door from closing and steps inside. I never thought I'd be so happy to be yelled at by her in my life. "Not so fast. Dooley, Winters, what are you thinking? In an emergency, this elevator is the worst place you could be." She says.