5. rats on a train

En başından başla

"chase. now i have to explain the whole train story again." mr. davenport whined, and we all groaned behind him.

----------

chase sat in a chair in the lab with a blanket wrapped around him. leo and i rubbed his arms to help warm him up faster. his hair was still soaked from when it turned into frost and ice.

"the good news is whenever i invent something, i always create a backup device to support it." mr. davenport said as he walked in with a big, black bag.

"as opposed to just building it right the first time." i quipped, and adam, bree, chase, and leo laughed. mr. davenport glared at me.

"now that i think about it, maybe i should've put you in the capsule with chase." he said to me and i just smirked.

"my auxiliary decelerator will stop anything. ocean liners, freight trains, tanks, eighteen-wheelers, twelve-wheelers-" mr. davenport started to explain, but leo cut him off.

"does it stop unnecessarily long explanations?" leo asked.

"apparently so." mr. davenport snapped at him, and leo just nodded slowly.

"only problem is, i can't figure out how to get it on the train." davenport said. i heard a gasp beside me, and saw bree light up.

"are you guys thinking what i'm thinking?" bree asked.

"our first mission!" bree and chase said in unison.

"i want a pet pig!" adam shouted excitedly. we all looked at him weirdly and his smile dropped quickly.

"no. no, no, no. you are not prepared for this kind of mission. it is a highly volatile situation. down the line - fingers crossed - there will be plenty of other horrible disasters." davenport said, and i gave him a weird look.

"nice thing to keep your fingers crossed for." i said and he playfully glared at me.

"yeah, but you need to stop this train now. and you need us to help you do it. your career depends on it." chase said, trying to convince davenport.

"please, mr. davenport. this is what you trained us for!" bree begged.

mr. davenport thought about it for a minute, before eventually giving in.

"alright. you gotta leave the nest sometime."

adam, bree, and chase started jumping up and down. leo and i high-fived excitedly. their first mission!!

"get in your capsules guys. i can't believe i'm saying this.... it's time to upgrade your mission suits." davenport said excitedly.

the three of them ran to their capsules while davenport, leo, and i all ran over to the control panel. chase and bree got in their capsules, but adam turned around real quick.

"i hope you addressed the chaffing problem." he said before getting in their capsules

mr. davenport pressed a button, and in under five seconds, the capsules had the three of them in their new mission suits. they stepped out, and i had to admit that they looked awesome!

"sweet!" adam said excitedly.

all of a sudden, his body moved to a weird position.

"oh! i see you put in the seat warmers!"

oh jeez.

"alright," mr. davenport said as he walked back over to the huge bag, " we'll be able to use these earpieces to communicate, and i'll monitor your progress on the transervalence system so that way if you blow yourselves up in a fiery explosion, i can watch it unfolding on glorious HD." mr. davenport said with a huge smile, but it slowly disappeared after he realized what he just said.