Chapter One

Disaster-in-Waiting was a dream come true for me. Firstly writing it and then sharing it on here and receiving such a wonderful response to it. It was because of the support and encouragement on here that I finally took the decision to self-publish as an e-book. It is now available on Amazon for 99p (UK price) or FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited. You can even download a sample from there or keep reading here for the first three chapters only.

The full book can be found here:

Amazon UK: https://goo.gl/8pVAEH

Amazon US: https://goo.gl/VxVUF9

I will be leaving the first three completed chapters here as a sample of the full book but all other chapters have been removed.

I apologise if this upsets anyone but as the book will be on sale and available to read on Kindle unlimited I am unable to have the full story available elsewhere. I would like to take the opportunity to thank every single person who has read, voted, commented and supported me and this story. Elle x

Chapter One

My friends, the ones I had at that point warned me that I was marrying my dad and I had no issue with that, none at all; Michael was older than me, by thirty years, but when I was twenty three he seemed awfully exotic with his greater knowledge and experience of, well, everything. He represented all the positives of a good dad in my mind; he was caring, protective, and considerate of my needs and wants, and he offered me security and safety, although like an overindulgent father he did spoil me, showering me with gifts and material possessions. I smiled with a still disbelieving shake of my head as I remembered how he had once bought me a new car because my old car, which was less than a year old was dirty. But here I was five years later married to my Dad, or at least a Dad, a man who played golf, often, read, a lot and not even works of fiction, big books on real life, history, geography, architecture, things I had no interest in, but that was fine, he had no issues with my interests, not that I had many, so I reciprocated, my issue was sex, or lack thereof. If memory served me right, which it did, it had been six months since he'd touched me intimately and another six months since we'd had sex, real sex and at twenty eight I wanted sex, needed it, craved it, but after a few health scares after hitting fifty five Michael had lost confidence and stamina so he'd distanced himself from me physically and as much as I wanted my needs fulfilling I didn't feel able to complain, especially not as I knew how guilty my husband felt about his inability to satisfy my most basic needs.

He had been my boss, not my immediate boss, but my ultimate boss. He had owned the whole company I worked for, not that I understood what the business was, not really. I worked as a secretary for a middle manager in accounts on the seventh floor and Michael ran the whole shebang from his floor, the top floor, the twentieth where he occupied a corner office that looked out across the whole city, not that I knew that when I was plain old Eloise Ross, although I was still Eloise Ross at work, having resisted the temptation to become Mrs Stanton in all areas of my life. Stanton Industries, Michael's company where I was to return to as P.A. to the new CEO having left my post there after marrying five years ago, desperate to gain promotions and recognition in my own right, not for being married to the boss, not that Michael was the boss any longer, not since the downturn in his health when he'd made the decision to sell the company to a bigger conglomerate, Miller Industries.

"Darling, I've made you some tea. We don't want you to be late on your first day, do we?"

I smiled at the sound of my husband's kindness as I gave myself a final once over, dressed professionally in a black pencil skirt and a white silk blouse. I had opted for tights so that I wouldn't be worrying all day that I was flashing stocking tops at my new boss, Denton Miller Snr who I had yet to meet in person, but along with commendations from my husband and a few webcam and Skype conversations I had decided that he was a boss I would enjoy working for.