Chapter 6

GO-GO

I led the team down the street, the wind rushing past my helmet as I raced through the blocks. I pushed my bangs, that were now stuck to my forehead with sweat, to the side as I glided with ease along the road. I had finally mastered the suit that I had been given.

As we got closer and closer to the city, the buildings slowly developed into skyscrapers, as if they were trying to reach up into the sky and touch the stars. I could also feel the vibrations under my shoes getting stronger and stronger. Adrenaline started pumping through my veins. I looked behind me- Fred was jumping along almost directly behind me, Wasabi and Honey were running, and Hiro was flying with Baymax above us. I looked up and made eye contact with Baymax, and he gave me a cute little wave. I smiled and gave a little wave back. Suddenly, I got an alert from my Hologram's map. It said, 'STOP' in bright, bold letters. I stopped, and instructed calmly for the rest of the team to do the same. I checked out the giant gap in the cement, about a foot in front of me. It was deep, 20 feet at least, and about 3 feet wide. There was something peculiar about this trench, though... there were bright lights leading directly downwards... as if it would invite anybody that stumbled upon it to jump in and see where it went. And as strange and suspicious as this was, it was inviting. I raised an eyebrow and peered back down into the hole. I look at the team, and they are quietly talking about this mysterious trench.

"Okay team, stay here... please."

"What?? Where are you going Go-Go?!" Said Honey with her slight accent.

"I'm going to investigate. I'll be back soon. Baymax, come on!"

And with that, I hopped on Baymax's backplate and we flew into the trench.

Despite the lights that lined the wall, the trench seemed to absorb most of the light that was given off. Baymax turned on his headlights, and I continued to fly downwards, still sitting on his back. This trench was way more than 20 feet deep. We were nearing the 50 foot below mark, and we still had a little more to go.

We finally touched down on the ground, and I sent a signal to the team that we were okay. It was time to investigate, and I could feel the adrenaline picking up again. I looked around, with Baymax backing me up. As strange as it seemed, he made me feel pretty secure and confident. I don't know how. But I felt a lot better as we walked through the dimly-lit hallways, looking for nothing.

After 20 minutes, we had made almost no progress. But to be totally honest, I didn't really expect to find anything too incredible so soon. However, there were little pieces of brick, metal, and gravel scattered on the ground as we approached an area with more lightning. Then, suddenly, we hit a dead end. I can't believe it. What the hell?! I didn't expect THIS. I expected at least some sort of meat grinder thing!! But, to my dismay, it was only a dead end. I looked up at Baymax, expecting some cool new feature that Hiro had created to activate and explode the opposing wall or something.
Hiro.
Hiro.
Hiro...
Nope. Adios. Not. Gonna. Happen.
Anyway, nothing really happened, except for Baymax shrugging his shoulders. I looked forward again, staring at the wall of rock that towered just a few inches in front of me. Then, I noticed something.

"Baymax, turn on another headlight, please."

He smiled at me and clicked on another light.

"Thank you." I nodded at him and he reached out a hand, and patted the top of my head. I turned around, and examined the wall. It was puzzling. There were small cracks in the stone that looked like hairline fractures in bone. But the strangest thing was that the stone was completely smooth and actually quite flawless, despite the cracks of course. Upon examining it further, there were no other imperfections. Strange. I traced each crack with my gloved hand. Suddenly, the door slid to the side instantly. That was easy... Baymax and I continued to walk through the mysterious passage, despite what lay ahead.

A/N

Short chapter for you guys! Gonna update again over break... I love you guys!!

xoxo,

em