Chapter 3: Of all people, you picked him?

Adrian's POV

This girl. Let me tell you, she was something else.

She was an annoying and irritating something else. You thought that was going somewhere else, huh?

Every other poster she'd stop to 'admire'. But I swear she was just doing it to annoy me.

"Oh, I really like this one." She said with the most sarcastic voice ever. I turned around glaring at her which just caused her to start giggling.

That was cute. I mean what. No. She's annoying not 'cute'. I don't call girls cute. And I have Addison, even if she is an annoying bitch.

She walked over to me and took deep breaths to calm down her laughing, "you look like a tomato when you do that."

I smirked down at her, "I bet I'm hot though."

She rolled her eyes at me, which she does a lot, "like I've said, you're not all you make yourself out to be. Ever think that maybe you're not as hot as you think and someone out there is hotter than you?"

"I doubt that I'm obviously the hottest male on earth. Who would even be hotter than me?"

She looked around the hall as people started filing out of their second period, suddenly her eyes brightened up, "oh hell yeah. Him right there. He's way hotter."

I turned around to find she was pointing to the one and only Jace Winston.

I huffed, "why him. Out of all dudes you pick the biggest douche in the school. And not to add but he's the captain of the football team. Why him, Charlie?"

She stared at him admiringly then looked at me with an innocent look, "if I wanted to pick the biggest douche in the school I'd pick you. But him, he's hot. And built. And god damn his eyes, there the prettiest emerald color. And his-"

I slammed my hand over her mouth, "shut up please. How can you even see his eyes if he's so far away and plus he's not all he stoops out to be trust me. He's a douche. He's played so many girls. Way more than I have. And even though he starts out all sweet and caring. The moment he gets you alone all he wants is sex. He's not your type."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. Well I've made her pissy. "You've seriously only known me for barley three hours. There for you don't even know my 'type' I don't even have a type. I just fall for guys who are kind to me and treat me right." She huffed and started staring at Jace again. "I'm going to go talk to him."

I put my hands up in surrender, "fine but don't say I didn't warn you, princess."

That isn't a good idea at all. Why the hell am I so protective over a girl I just met. I seriously hate everyone, so why is she different?

Charlie's POV

I started walking towards Jace. I've always had a lot of confidence but right now it's wearing out to its very end.

As I start to approach him and the cheerleaders around him I suddenly start to get intimidated. Not only that but self conscious. Which never happens.

All these cheerleaders are so in shape and well, I'm not. I don't do sports, eating is my favorite pass time and I honestly have no muscle. I mean sure I'm pretty small and people would say I'm 'skinny' but I'm not in any shape at all. Not even close to the cheerleaders.