Chapter Four: Crimson Blood

Jane, July 20th, 2016

"Jane. Jane. Jane. Jane. Jane."

"What the hell do you want, Logan? It's early!!!"

"Come with me."

"Where?"

He clicks on the light, and I see him dressed in black. He had another set of clothes in his arms. I sit up and stare at him.

"We're going out. You don't need to know where, but we need to be quick," he says. He hands me the clothes and I examine them. There is a mask, and a leather jacket.

"Um, alright."

I grab a black shirt and leggings from my drawer and go to the bathroom and throw them on. I slide the jacket over my arms and slip the mask over my face. I go back out into my room.

"You ready?" He asks. I nod, and we leave the room.

>>>>>

"Does Charlie know where we are?" I ask Logan as we walk through the dark, chilled woods. He was very quiet.

"No."

I look away from him. I'd never heard him so quiet for the three days I have been here.

"We're almost there. Follow me," Logan says suddenly. He grabs my arm and brings me behind the trees next to the path we were walking on.

"Logan, please tell me where we are going."

"You'll see, okay?"

He suddenly grabs my hand and sprints forward. I wasn't struggling to keep up with him, but I was getting tired.

"There."

He puts his hands on my cheeks and turns my head. I saw a big house that was starting to wither. It seemed to be glowing. Logan motions for me to follow him, and he runs up to the house, hiding behind the wall. He peeks inside a crack in the wall and nods.

"Look."

I peek inside of the house and see a group of men drinking. In the corner, a little girl was tied up.

"Oh my god... Karla!" I gasp, covering my mouth. "What happened, Logan?!"

"She walked outside because she thought she heard something. I saw some guys grab her, and I knew where their camp was. That guy in there..." He points to one of the men. He had black hair and brown eyes, and was very muscular and built. "That's Karla's father. Jay's too."

"We have to get her."

"I'll go in and make sure they don't touch her. You grab her and run."

"Okay. Please don't get hurt."

Logan rushes inside, with me at his heels. I run over to Karla, and I hear a click. I slowly turn around, and see Karla's dad pointing a gun at us. I grab her and hold her tight, and could hear her crying softly.

"Hey, put the guns down. Nobody has to get hurt," Logan says loudly.

"Then leave my daughter!!!" Karla's father yells. In the blink of an eye, Logan had one of his men in a headlock, and was holding a gun to his head. I grabbed mine as well.

Logan looks at me. "Go," me mouthed. My eyes widen, and I quickly run out of the house. I didn't stop until I heard gunshots. I put Karla down, unhooked her chains, and made sure she was okay.

"Karla, go hide. We'll be back," I say calmly and watch her as she runs behind a tree. I dart back to the house, praying Logan didn't get shot. When I get to the door, I stop.

Logan was being held by his arms by two of the men, while Karla's father stood there with his pistol loaded.

"You ruined everything. I could have had a nice life with my daughter. You ruined it," he slurred. He put his finger on the trigger.

"LOGAN!!!"

Me, being the idiot I was, I ran in front of him. All I heard was a gun drop, and the men run from the house. Blood began to pool over my arm, and I started to stumble backward.

"Jane!!!" Logan caught me before I could hit the ground, and laid me on the floor. Karla ran into the house, alarmed, and started whimpering. Logan takes off his shirt.

"I'm sorry about this, and I swear I'm not a pervert," he whispers. He takes off my shirt and wraps his around my wounded shoulder. The bullet had gone clean through, then right through the wall.

My vision started to blur, and nausea took over me. Logan picked me up, and that was it. My vision went black.

Emilie, July 20th, 2016

The old hag led Carl and I out back into the demolished world. Carl takes his hat off and runs his hands through his hair many times.

"Why so nervous?" I nudge his arm and smile. He rolls his eyes.

"I'm not, just in a little pain still," he looks down and I keep from laughing.

"Can I see your hat?" I ask quietly. He raises an eye and gives it skeptically to me.

"Wrong choice," I chirp and place it on my head.

"Do you want lice?" Carl reaches back for his hat, but I slap his hand away.

"You don't have lice, you derp," I stick my tongue out at him.

"Do you look at my scalp while I'm asleep or something?!" Carl yells loudly. I blush.

"Of course not!"

"..I guess you can wear my hat, but ONLY for a li-" he starts. I slap my hand over his mouth and drop to the ground. It was dark by now, and I was beginning to hear footsteps. Two people.. running..

"It's that girl from earlier, and some other boy," I whisper into Carl's ear. He licks my hand and I pull it back in disgust.

"Let's follow them!" he jumps up and pulls me up beside him.

"I'm not sure that's the best idea, Carl.." I mutter. An eerie smile creeps across his face and he grabs my hand.

"Live life to the fullest!"
~
Jane and the boy go into some house. We wait for a couple minutes, and Carl becomes antsy.

"Seriously! If they're having sex I wanna watch," he groans. I glare at him.

"Excuse yourself," I growl and point at the door. The boy comes out with no shirt on and Jane in his arms, bleeding. The little girl I saw in their camp last time was behind them whimpering.

Carl throws his hands up in the air, "I TOLD YOU THEY WERE HAVING S-"

"Oh, goodness! Is she okay?" I rush over to their aid. The boy grunts and points to her wound.

"Follow me, I know Carol can help with this," I smile at him and Carl steps beside me.

"Do you think dad will allow that? I mean, I have Judith and.. I've just gotta protect two special people in my life.." Carl says and twists his foot in the dirt.

"Let us go, follow me, children."