Part 6: Being Interrupted

There's nothing worse than being in the middle of something and getting interrupted. Even more so if it's while I am trying to read or write. It's like I get irrationally irritated at having to get up to do the simplest tasks. And all because I was trying to read or write. Can one not ever indulge in something they enjoy without being pestered?

With two cats and two dogs, I fear I may never get time by myself without someone wanting food or water, to go outside, to play, be petted, or simply meow at me for no reason. It gets worse at school. Teachers telling you to pay attention. Other students asking what you're writing and if it's for a class. Or it's just too loud to get anything accomplished.

I think that is why writers tend to find comfort in being alone: they can finally get things done. We each just need to be able to tell everyone and everything to buzz off and let us work every once and a while... or pretty regularly. It's important for everyone, not just English Majors, to have a spot they can go to that is quiet and isolated, just maybe more so for us. Without our quiet time, we may just go mad.

Sincerely,

A frustrated aspiring editor, Elaura_B

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So many things to complain about that irk me to no end! I've enjoyed how easy finding more things to write about has been. Perhaps instead of possibly adding chapters later on, I could instead create a separate book. But that's a strong maybe, no promises... yet.

Don't forget to comment and vote, please and thank you.

And of course, don't forget my offer to edit stories! They can be stories you have uploaded onto Wattpad or private stories not on here.