Chapter 5

Naegi slowly opened his eyes, sitting up in bed. Not his bed, but looking over next to him he could see it was Togami's bed. How did he get here? He looked at his hand, which now had a bandage wrapped around it. Oh, right. He had been carried to the nurses office after his fight with Syo, he must've passed out on the way there. He tried to move his legs again, but when he did pain shot through him like electricity. Ugh, today was not going to be a good day...

He looked over at Byakuya again, who was still sleeping. His usually neat hair was a mess, and he had fallen asleep with his glasses on. Naegi carefully took them off and set them on the nightstand next to the bed. He looked a lot different without them, in fact he almost looked like an entirely different person with that, his messy hair, and his peaceful expression. He ran a hand through the blondes hair, and found it to be pretty soft. Must be from the fancy conditioner he probably used. Naegi's hand trailed down to cup his cheek, and found his skin was soft, too. As threatening as Togami usually tried to be, the brunette noticed that when they were together his cold exterior seemed to melt. And he felt he could be a lot more open with him than anyone else, it seemed that Togami felt the same way.

Their friendship probably seemed odd to everyone else, as on the outside they were complete opposites. An optimist and a pessimist, ordinary and elite, middle class and rich. But they weren't that different, in fact they were quite similar in some ways. Similar enough to get along exceptionally well, at least. Well enough that Naegi was starting to consider him more than just a friend, or a best friend for that matter. Of course, he didn't know if Togami felt the same way, and he would never want to ruin their friendship over something like this. Even he wasn't sure if he really had a crush or if he was just confusing romantic and platonic feelings, so he figured it was best to just wait and see. With a sigh, Makoto tried getting out of bed again, succeeding this time and managing to stumble over to the door.

"Trying to walk all the way downstairs like that would be idiotic." He heard Togami say from the bed. He sounded like he was still half asleep.

"Well how else am I going to get to breakfast?" He replied, though he could admit that it was a bad idea to walk downstairs like this, as he'd probably fall.

"Mm, I'll help you down there or something, just give me a sec.." The Heir yawned, stretching and getting out of bed. Ah, his suit was a mess as well.

"You gonna change out of that?"

"Yeah, yeah, just turn around while I do it."

Naegi did as he said, turning towards the door as Byakuya changed into a fresh suit. He heard the rustling of clothes and was tempted to glance over his shoulder to see what he looked like undressed, but he resisted it as he didn't want to invade his privacy.

"Alright, I'm done changing. Just give me a minute or so to brush my teeth and fix my hair and we can go."

He nodded, and after a bit he came out looking like himself again. Not that that was a bad thing, but Naegi thought he'd looked cute with his messy hair and askew glasses. Togami walked over to him and wrapped an arm around him, keeping him steady as be limped down the hallway to his own room to change as well. "Ah, this was my only skirt..." the Assassin mumbled, disappointed that it was now ruined. It was a little harder than usual to get dressed for obvious reasons, and he came out wearing his favorite outfit of jeans, his hoodie, and the black jacket he wore over it. Byakuya had hoped he'd wear his skirt again, but he looked cute anyways.

"You need me to carry you again?"

"No, I can walk."

"Hardly! Maybe you should just stay in bed so your cuts don't reopen." The Heir suggested, and Naegi shook his head.