(First Meeting) Hinata x Reader

I'm trying so hard to get your name out of my mind
But it made it's way to my heart
~~
"What do you mean I have to tutor someone?" you, (L/N) (Y/N) asked calmly as a teacher called you out into the hallway as you were about to leave the classroom. The classroom door was partly open and you were half outside, holding your bags as you had just finished cleaning the room.

"Please (Y/N)-san, he's in your batch, but he's hopeless with me tutoring him. I know you can do this! We need him for our away games!" your teacher said with a pleading look on his face. He looked like he was stressed over this student and you wondered how you were going to do that. You couldn't help but think that your teacher looked ready to beg.

You came out of the door, closing it in the process. "Why does it have to be me Takeda-sensei?" you say out loud, but before he could answer another question came out of your mouth, "Who is he?" Making the teacher's face brighten immediately.

"His name is Hinata Shoyou, swing by the volleyball club tomorrow and ask for him," Takeda-sensei gave you a smile and looked like he wanted to hug you. You, on the other hand was just glad that your homeroom teacher didn't beg in the middle of the school hallway.
-------

"Tutoring!?" a surprised voice came from the corner of the gym as the others were playing a practice game. "Takeda-sensei! I thought you were going to help me!" the orange-haired boy continued. "Hinata, I tried! But because I'm the club's teacher in charge you keep talking volleyball to me!" the man with the glasses explained, at a distance, a blonde boy had heard what their teacher said and snickered, "and I keep falling for the volleyball talk," their teacher whispered to himself.

"That's what you get for being an idiot," a black haired boy said, their practice game just finished. "It's not like your scores are any better!" Hinata said, pointing a finger at the setter before facing the teacher, "Does he have a tutor too?" the boy asked, seeing it unfair if he got a tutor and Kageyama didn't get one

The team's captain, Sawamura Daichi, came up to the teacher and whispered something in his ear and pointing in a general direction where the team was standing.

"Yes, his tutor is Tsukishima-kun," Takeda said calmly, this news caused Kageyama to spit out all the water he was drinking and turned over to glare at his tutor, who gave him an annoyed look as well. The setter walked up to his tutor to begrudgingly talk about when he was going to be tutored.

"Sensei, who's my tutor?" Hinata faced the team's teacher after looking at what was happening between the other two first years. 'I might as well get tutored so he can go to the away games and that kind of stuff' he thought to himself, the thought of being able to play more volleyball was enough to send a smile back to his face.

The teacher's face brightened again, "Her name's (L/N) (Y/N), she's your batchmate and she's in Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's class. She's coming over to the gym tomorrow," he explained. The boy nodded his head and went back to the team's training, apologizing for his absence.
------
"What was his name again? I'm never good with names! Uhm...Hinaha Shoyi? Hinada Shuo? Sho..sho? Shoyou! Hin..hina? Hinata! Yeah that's his name! Shoyou Hinata!" you kept mumbling, talking to yourself as you made your way to school. Even if it didn't show on the outside, you were seriously nervous about meeting another person.

"Ah! (L/N)-chan!" a familiar voice called out from behind the you, making you stop in her tracks and look around. You turned around to see two of your childhood friends, Yamaguchi Tadashi and Tsukishima Kei. They've been your friends for so long and they were the last 'new people' you've met, which was at the start of junior high. You haven't met new people for a while.