Chapter 4 | Dinner with the spawn of Satan

Start from the beginning

I looked away, feeling uncomfortable. 

This was shaping out to being a great day. "You shouldn't wear your jump suit like that." he told me. Vincent's voice was more hard than usually. I glanced at him to see him glowering at my attire. I felt upset. 

So maybe I wasn't as pretty as Naomi or Claire but he didn't have to tell me. I already knew. "Why?" I asked, trying to sound indifferent. "I don't like it." he said plainly. 

I squinted my eyes at him. "Well, I'm not trying to impress you, Vincent." I snapped at him. He looked up at my face with a quirked brow. He sighed and stood out of he bed, walking over to me. My eyes widened instinctively as he neared me. 

I made him angry. He was going to bash my head into the wall. I was going to die. I didn't want to die! When he was less than a foot away, he reached his hands out to me. Acting on instinct, I threw my hand out.

Tyrone, my brother was reckless, but did care. He and my brothers had taught me some simple moves, like how to throw a proper punch. I decided now was a good enough time to use the lessons.

 I waited for the pain of punching his jaw, because I knew just by looking at it that it was hard enough to practically break my knuckles. Instead, I felt a warm hand wrap around me knuckles. I didn't realize I had my eyes shut till I opened them. 

There, closer than six inches to my face was Vincent. 

His breath fanned my face and it smelt like cool mint. Over his shoulder was my clenched fist, wrapped up in his larger hand. He stopped my punch. 

Vincent didn't punch me back or bash my head in like I expected. Instead he did the least expected and leaned in closer. He was going to kiss me. At least, from what I've seen in movies he was. In some sense, the hormonal part of me would gladly kiss him. 

But the smart part of me knew he was a capable of murder. I scooted back as he kept coming closer. My head smacked the brick wall and there was nowhere for me to lean anymore. He stopped, one inch from my lips. 

His forehead was touching mine and his nose was side my side with mine. If I simply tilted my head, he and I would be kissing. My mouth dropped open. 

But just as I thought he was going to press his lips to mine, his hand grabbed my waist and he leaned away. Why was he touching my waist?

I looked down at his hands to see he was sliding the zip to my suit all the way up. I peeked back at his eyes to see they hadn't moved from my face. "Your breath smells fine to me." he whispered. 

My eyes doubled in size. 

Vincent pulled away and walked back to his bed and dropped down, not sparing me another look. "You should get ready for dinner." was all he said. 

What the heck?

I looked down back at my suit and then back at him. Vincent did all that to zip up my suit? I didn't know I was laughing till Vincent shot my a weird look. "Why are you laughing?" he asked me. I shook my head with a dying laugh.

"Nothing." 

And to think I thought he would kiss me. Vincent didn't like me. There was no way he would kiss me. Then his words called out in my mind. 

Your breath smells fine to me.

Did that mean something? Or was he just messing with me?  Before I could blurt anything out, the gated door slid open. Frank stood there, two sets of cuffs in his hands. "Up." he ordered. I remembered this time to put my shoes on.