Lunch...future boyfriend??

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Kenny. It means a lot." we just sat there, staring at each other, when his dad, George, cleared his throat. 

"So, Rose, what do you plan on doing with your life?" 

"Nice way to put it George!" Brenda exclaimed. 

"Sorry, I meant, what are your life goals?" Brenda rolled her eyes, causing me to chuckle.

"I actually was going to go to Rutgers University, but that happened, so I came here for a fresh start. I actually want to study fashion design. I'm going to the college a few streets down. What's it called again? College of fut--," Liyah cut me off. 

"Future Artists, College of Future Artists!!"

"Uh, yeah. That one!" we all laughed. 

"Sorry, she said. It's that Kenny goes there. He studies art, actually; and I study fashion too. Hopefully we have classes together." she said. 

"I draw and paint." Kenny said.

"Oh, that's awesome! I would love to see some of your pieces. I can't wait to see what you can do Liyah."

"Maybe one day," he said, biting into his burger. 

"Thanks same here," Liyah said, drinking her soda.

"Okay, cool. So, at least I know two people that will be going to school with me in the fall."

We all just spoke about random things and watched a movie. I ended up staying for dinner and had brownies and ice cream for dessert. It was already 2:00 in the morning!

"I should get going. It's already tomorrow." I laughed. 

"Oh, wow! I didn't even notice the time!" Brenda said. 

"Thank you guys for everything! I forgot what it felt like to have a family, it was great."

"You are welcome anytime sweetheart." Brenda said, walking up to me and gave me a hug. Liyah did the same thing. 

"I like you already! I can tell that we're gonna be good friends." she said.

"Same here," I said. She gave me her phone and I put my number in it. 

"Thanks," she said. She left upstairs. George came up to me.

"It was lovely to have you over Rose. Like my wife said, you are welcome any time." He shook my hand and left. 

"I'll walk you," said Kenny, smiling at me. 

"Sure, thanks." I yelled bye and left, Kenny closing the door behind me. 

We were in front of my house and I was getting my keys out of my pocket, when they fell on the floor. Kenny and I both went to get them, our hands touching, sending tingles up my arm, and a funny feeling in my stomach. WHAT?!? I quickly grabbed them, and smiled at him.

"It was nice having you over,"he said, scratching his neck. 

"The pleasure was all mine."

" I would love to have you over again sometime."

"So would your parents," we laughed. "Just let me know."

"True, and okay perfect. I would love to get to know you more Rose. You're a great person."

"Same here."

"Okay, so I'll text you." I nodded and was about to open my door, when he grabbed my arm, turned me around, and crashed his lips on mine. I kissed back... That's when he pulled away. 

We just stared at each other, smiles on both our faces. He cupped my face and pecked my lips again,

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

He turned around, leaving towards his house, literally next to mine. He turned to face me once again,and tripped over a rock on his drive way.

"Are you okay?" I asked, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Yes." he shouted back. "Goodnight, beautiful."

"Night, Kenny."

We both entered our houses and shut the doors. I jumped on my bed with a smile on my face, my dog jumping on top of me. I cuddled with her and fell fast asleep.

Kenny pov

I felt tingles all over when I touched Rose's hand. I don't know what came over me, but I don't regret kissing her. I can't wait to see what happens next.

A/N 

Hey lovelies. sorry for the looming delay on updating. I now have a laptop and will try my best to update as fast as I can. I love you all and thanks for all of your support. Have a good day! God bless you all. Do what you do best. Vote. Comment. Like. Byeeee!!