Chapter 8: Halloween

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you Jordan." Stefan nodded brightly. "Roxanne hasn't talked about you at all."

"Nothing to tell really." I replied quickly.

"Oh.. So you two have history.." Damon smiled slyly. "Tell me... Was it love at first sight? Did he take your breath away?"

"Damon!" I yelled.

"We didn't go that far. We kissed once, before I left town. We were friends, nothing more." Jordan responded calmly.

"So Jordan... Tell me. Why are you back in Mystic Falls?" Damon asked suspiciously.

"I've heard things, decided it was time to return and check it out." Jordan nodded looking at me in the process. "So I heard that there's this huge Halloween party going down at the school? Are you going Rox?"

"No, she can't. She's got things to do, people to see, places to go...." Damon replied before I got one word in.

"I'm going with Caroline and Bonnie, but I doubt they'd mind if I invited you." I nodded with a smile. "So where are you staying?"

"I have yet to figure that out... Any idea's? Any good places around?" He asked with a small shrug.

"I have an idea, why don't you just stay here?" Damon asked enthusiastically his eyes changing to a dark color.

"Damon, I think he'd like to stay somewhere more homey, and not with you..." I suggested.

"I like the idea. I mean you come over here all the time right? So why not. If that's all right with the both of you." I watched as his face lit up.

"Um, yeah... I guess." I shrugged nervously. "I'm going to go talk to Caroline and Bonnie about tonight... You can get settled in.."

"I'll talk to you later." He smiled as I walked to the the door, watching them all carefully before leaving for The Grill.

DAMON'S POV:

"Why are you really here Jordan?" Stefan asked once Roxanne left to go see her friends.

"To see Roxanne of course.... I mean she does look so much like Katherine... As does her sister." He smiled deviously.

"I thought I killed you!" I exclaimed. "How did you get a vampire to give you their blood? You were so annoying!"

"I didn't have to... In 1875 I was a catch. Vampire fell in love, gave me her blood, then you killed me, I came back to life, then I killed her." He smiled.

"Why are you hanging out with Roxanne? She's not Katherine, and you never liked her." Stefan asked madly.

"More importantly why are you hanging out with her Stefan? What happened to being done with Katherine?" Jordan asked back.

"I will kill you if you go any where near Roxanne again. I'm older, which means stronger." I growled pushing him to the ground.

"You wouldn't do that Damon.... I'm only here to help. I understand that you're looking to get Katherine back. Well I can help you." Jordan smiled pushing me off of him.

"He doesn't need your help Jordan. You betrayed us in 1864... You told my father you had a vampire in your sight..." Stefan growled.

"Guess what Stefan? You're brother has a weakness, and that weakness just so happens to be finding Katherine Pierce." Jordan replied. "So my offer stands, Damon.... You're either with me, or you're against me."

"His weakness may be Katherine... But he knows what he's doing, and he doesn't want any help from anyone, especially you." Stefan hissed.

"That may be true Stefan... But without that crystal you're not getting anywhere near opening the tomb." Jordan sighed before walking to the door.