You're Mine 3

Previously in You're Mine 2:

I saw chrysanthemums strewn across the floor. They formed a heart and I chewed my lip, walking towards the center where there was a lone candle, burning brightly. There was a note below the candle, but it had been burning so long that wax covered a large portion of the note.

I walked forward, trying to decipher what had been written there when I realize that there are only two words:

Turn Around

It was written beautifully and I turned around expectantly, my face freezing in shock.

Someone stood inside my house, with a black mask covering their face. The person switched off the light, just in time for me to see the headlights of a car right before they turn off.

"Help!"

"Bitch.. shhhh.."

I ran towards my room, only to hear flames roaring.. and I suddenly knew that it was caused by the candle that I hadn't blown out. They had turned it over..

"Help! Somebody help me please!" I screamed, but it was to no avail. The hills might have eyes, but no lips. Even if my neighbours heard me, they wouldn't do a thing.

I continued to run while I heard footsteps close behind me. I reached for my phone, and a series of curse words escaped my lips when I noticed that it was dead.

"Fuck. Fuck. Somebody help!" I screamed again, hoping I had left a window open somewhere.

"Bitch stop running! I sealed all the exits, including the windows. I don't leave a damn stone unturned." A raspy voice boasted, and my heart felt like it was about to burn a hole through the floor.

Flames were taking over the entire house and I started to cough heavily. "Help, please!" I cried again.

My throat was burning and my eyes felt watery. The masked person backed me up in my room, holding up a knife.

"I dare you to move."

I froze, hardly daring to breathe.

****
To all my readers who have been with me along this journey so far, I love you and I hope you enjoy this third book! :)

- Asherene