Minutes

There's a reporter clawing at her mind, hoping to find something just sweet enough to sell to their boss. Camila tries to glorify the little exciting things she actually participates in. She's leaning against Ally, because she's so sweet and little and southern, that it kind of makes it hard not to, literally and figuratively.

Then there's the divalicious Normani, who can make any situation a lot more dramatic than it really is. And that's why Camila loves her. A little more drama never hurt anyone. Except for like, Lindsey Lohan or something.

It really hurt her.

Like, seriously, she needs help.

She really loves Normani, which is why she's conveying it with an arm swung around her shoulders. The reporter nods along to what she's saying, seeming truly immersed in her story.

Camila is done speaking, having had enough of Dinah's silent but deadly right eyebrow. That thing is wicked scary. Almost as scary as Lauren's own daring eyebrow. Speaking of Lauren.

She's in a neutral mood, Camila deduces. Those sweet red lips unmoving as she nods along to what Dinah is saying. Camila can't help but feel a compulsion to correct her. The show face Simon had taught them still fresh in her mind.

"Eyes wide, smile wider, brows high, and -" He pressed Dinah's chin, raising it higher.

"Chin up." They had all mocked the lesson later that night, even though they still participate in the expression knowing how crucial it was - to Simon at least.

Camila wants to whisper in her ear, to feel that nearness, to correct her before the scolding. But she can't. It will just cause a scene to move, ruining a whisper's subtley. And she doesn't want to seem all touchy. That isn't right. She was the best friend. She will comply with Lauren's request.

So instead, she averts her attention to Dinah, saying something about high pitched voices and naps.

Wait, is she talking about Camila?

Oh, no, no, no, Hunty. No.

"And it's like, I'm trying to get some beauty sleep here!" Camila easily retorts, smoothly turning to Ally soon after.

"Gurl, please. You don't hear me complaining when you're talking to your 'cousin' late at night. Ally, hold my bow." She jokingly reaches upward, pulling off her bow and shoving it at her smaller companions chest.

Dinah grins quickly, keeping up the facade.

"Oooh, it's about to go down." She turns to Lauren as she pretends to take off her earrings. Camila isn't envious at all. No way. Nope.

"Boo, protect my earrings. They be costin' me ninety-nine cents." The reporter smirks at the cameraman, laughing lavishingly and complimenting the girls on their humor. Simon will later tell them the interview was a success. Absolutely brilliant. He thankfully hadn't noticed Lauren's indifferent expression.

A true success, gaining them fans. Fans who would vote for them, advancing them further into the competition. Camila smiles at the retreating cameras, happy to have helped their chances of winning and her estranged best friend.

Later, when the hype of the interview is gone and everyone is settled in their rooms, Camila speaks up.

"I think I should switch rooms with Dinah." This, of course, causes an uproar. Duh, she was awesome.

"Gurl, you crazy." Normani.

"Is this about my sleep talking? I told you I'm getting help!" Kind, southern Ally. Lauren remains silent, feeling like she's lost the right to argue.