Hours

On a side note, this story is written on an Ipad, flipped sideways. Some grammatical errors may occur because of this. When reading a story, the story is turned upright.

__________________

So, yeah. (#)Camren has been fine. They're cool. Awesome really. Though Lauren won't stop asking if she's Jewish. That's kind of a downer.

"So, you're Jewish? But don't you have Christmas? Are you one of those Jewish people that have like, Chanukkah?"

"Lauren, can we please just focus? You're being weird."

"You called me a *schmuck. That's code for, 'I'm Jewish.'"

"No, that's code for, you're an idiot." She swiveled around to rummage for microphone stands.

"*Yutz." She murmured into the dusty tech box. Was Lauren always this annoying? No, it's probably because it's practice day. Lauren's usually more hyped up on excitement.

"Hey, I heard that! More Jewish curse words! You're totally Jewish."

"For the last time, my godmother is Jewish. Not me."

"Wait, what? No way. That makes you, like, pseudo Jewish."

"How do you even know what psuedo means?" She shook her head, victoriously pulling out a mic stand. Bam, she was the queen of finding stuff. Like that one time she found a mole on her Grandma's left love handle.

That was sort of gross, though.

"All I'm saying is, you should be proud of your Jewness. It's cool. Now we can have like, a menora party in celebration of your Jew pride."

"A menora party? Are you crazy? That's a fire hazard." Suddenly, Ally's popping out from behind Camila, snatching the stand away. She tilts her head, squinting at Camila.

"I didn't know you were Jewish." Damn it, Lauren.

Ally reaches one arm out to pull Camila into a hug.

"We should have a menora party!"

"Oh, my, god. I'm not Jewish!" The rest of the members, now sitting in practice chairs waiting for the stands, turn to Camila at the sound of her distress. Being far away, their hearing isn't able to fully catch Camila's statement.

"You're Jewish? We should all have a menora party!" It's creepy how they all harmonize together. Oh, wait.

"You guys all suck." They do, seriously. She set up her stand, mic all checked, and she noticed how Lauren is taking the seat next to her. Great, more questions about her heritage. Lauren was awesome, but this was just dumb.

"You know we're not done talking about your feelings, Jewbro." Jewbro. Oh, god.

"There's nothing to talk about." It's easy to say it, but to mean it is an entirely different thing.

Lauren was quiet, but her eyes were dark and looking so far into Camila that she didn't know if Lauren was just looking into her pupils or something more.

No, she was sure it was something more.

"We're talking about this. Got it?" It's phrased like a question, but Camila knows it is anything but one. It's a command, strong and direct. She nods sullenly, with no room for protest, they begin practice.

So practice was fun. Ally was Ally, Normani was Normani, Dinah was swagilicious, and Lauren was sexy. Whoops, she means, uh, not sexy. Like, nice. She means nice.