#13. He is back & #14. Hired

#13. HE IS BACK

*Anna Maria's story*

There was a knock on the door. Since all the maids and workers were busy on their duties, I walked to the door and opened.

"How can I help-?" I gasped. I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was James who stood in front of me, smiling. "Anna Maria! Hey!"

I stood in the doorway, not knowing what to say.

"Are you not going to invite me in?" he said, still smiling.

"I... James, you need to go. If mama sees you..."

"I don't care if she sees me, damn the woman!" He chuckled, pushing me aside and walked into the house.

"Please James. Mama is not going to like it."

He laughed, "Hush Anna Maria! I'm here to rescue your sister from that dreadful Prince!"

I panicked. "Elizabeth is perfectly happy with her life. Please leave!"

I heard mama walking towards James and I. "Leave!" I hissed, pointing at mama's direction.

I think James did not undetstand what I was warning him about because he yelled at mama's direction, "Who's there?"

I froze. I heard mama swear and walk more quickly.

James, when he noticed that it was mama, he bowed and said, "My lady! I missed you!"

Mama looked at him in disgust. "What's this Anna Maria." She turned to me, demanding an answer.

I didn't reply to her question. I was afraid she was going to explode.

"Hey! Medeleine." James dared to speak like that with mama? Did he want to die? "I'm sorry to come and disturb you. I'm only here for Elizabeth. My Elizabeth."

Mama exploded, "How dare you? Elizabeth was never yours and she will never be!"

"She loves me Medeleine!"

"DO NOT DARE TO CALL ME MEDELEINE! I'm Duchess of York and mother-in-law to the future King of France!"

James lost his temper too and screamed, "It's all about MONEY and TITLE! Never about your daughter's feelings!"

Mama screamed, yelled and James defended himself. I couldn't watch James being rude to mama so I started yelling too.

We were too busy shouting over eachother that we didn't here Sebastien and Elizabeth walk in.

I froze and so did mama. James stared at Elizabeth, who was holding Sebastien's hand.

"Elizabeth. You've got to be kidding me..." James smirked, his hand on his forehead. "I was the one stupid. Of course, I should have known that you'd be like your dear mama and become so money and title thirsty! I'm sorry that I was a no one who had nothing to offer."

I looked around. Mama was breathing hard, Sebastien was standing there just shocked and Elizabeth...

"James?" Elizabeth asked, unsure.

James nodded. His eyes fixed on her.

"You're... my friend."

I saw James smirk nastily. "More than a friend if we kissed, I'd say!"

Elizabeth was clearly alarmed and looked at Sebastien for help.

"Don't be absurd James. You and Elizabeth are just friends. Well, were." Sebastien said, grabbing Elizabeth's hand tighter.