A Spark leads to a Flame

You prepared yourself for the rush of the flames as Rin ran at you. You could feel yourself shaking at the thought of getting close to those horrid flames. Rin swung at you and you reacted quickly by blocking the blade.

"Your reaction was spot on. Good job,(Y/N)." Rin said. You smiled. "I'll be the first to admit,I'm still shaking." You said. Rin broke away and backed up. "Don't worry about it." He responded. You readied your sword,holding onto the grip tightly. "Don't freeze up,(Y/N)!" Shima called. You shook your head and ran at Rin. Rin readied himself for the attack. You sidestepped away from him and stabbed at him from behind,missing the flames by an inch.

Rin spun around and swung at you. You backed up,although the blade still grazed your cheek. You felt the burn from the flames,but made no noise. Rin stepped back and you both readied your swords. You continued to assess the situation. Your cheek burned and you could feel the blood dripping from the cut. Rin watched you,waiting for the attack.

About ten minutes later,you were about used up. You had trained hard and couldn't take much more. You were starting to get slower and your attacks were lacking. Rin ran at you again and swung down at you,but this time you didn't block. You were too slow. The sword cut right into your shoulder and the fire seeped into the wound. Rin quickly pulled his sword away and sheathed it.

You cried out and fell to your knees. Shima ran over to you,despite his wounds. Rin joined him. "Oh,(Y/N)! I'm so sorry! I thought you had that one blocked!" He exclaimed. "No..it's fine..it was my..fault..." You said. Your vision was starting to blur from the pain. Shima picked you up,cringing at the pain. "You just come with us." He said to Rin. Rin nodded mutely. You closed your eyes and slowly drifted into the void of unconsciousness.

When you came to,the sky outside of the window was dark. You looked around the room. Your eyes fell on two males;one with salmon hair,the other with navy. "Oh (Y/N)! I'm so glad you're okay! I was worried you were never going to wake up!" Rin exclaimed,smiling with relief. "Yeah..I'm okay,I guess.." You said. You felt the wound and felt the red hot pain from the flames again. "What-what did you say about the flames...?" You asked. Rin frowned.

"It wasn't very easy.." He mumbled. "I had to lie and say that you were cut during training and tried to cauterize it with fire.." He said. "I don't think they believed him,though." Shima added. You nodded. "I figured..Everyone can tell the difference between those unholy flames and normal ones." You added.

"I have to say,though. You two are quite the pair~!" A certain purple-haired demon spoke. He came into view. You sat up,narrowing your eyes at the headmaster. "What are you doing here,Mr.Pheles?" You asked. "Oh,you don't think I wouldn't come to visit you in the infirmary,did you?" He asked,slightly taken aback. You couldn't trust the man as far as you could throw him,but you were grateful that he had allowed you into his school.

"I'm sorry,Mr.Pheles. I didn't think you cared. You didn't come see Shima after the attack at the restaurant." You said sarcastically. "Okay. I'm not worried about you. I just wanted to talk to my little brother." Mephisto admitted. You rolled your eyes. "Sure,Mephisto. What do you want to talk about?" Rin asked. Mephisto looked at the two of you. "I guess it doesn't matter if it's private. They already know." He said,fixing his hat. "Anyway. Next time Rin,don't be going and swinging your sword around without thinking about the consequences. The nursing staff has informed me that they had their own suspicions about the way at which this accident has occured." Mephisto said.

Rin shook his head. "What was I supposed to say,Mephisto? That I hurt her because I'm half demon?" He asked. "Next time,cover it up better." He said,poofing into thin air. Rin sighed. "I hate him." You said. Shima laughed lightly. "Sounds good." He said. Rin stretched. "I'll leave you guys be. I'll be back to check on you in the morning." He said to you. You nodded and laid back down.

Shima gave you a peck on the cheek and left as well. You closed your eyes and felt your hands. "I was shaking again..." You whispered. "I'm not scared of him. No. He's my friend. I don't care about his origin." You whispered. You relaxed and eventually fell into a deep slumber.